X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the way you lie...not

related to this post.

So, the truck driver in the above linked post, who got stuck at our dock and spent close to an hour burning rubber trying to get out said he was calling the corporate office. We figured that was a good thing. We figured he was going to complain about the horrendous job of snow plowing our contractor did.

Well, that's not quite what happened. Instead he told them a complete cock-and-bull story about how we treated him:

Truck driver's version of events:

He got frustrated and banged on the overhead door. When we opened it he meekly asked for a shovel to clear away some snow and the receiving supervisor just tossed it out the door. Then when he humbly asked if one of us could help him shovel, she told him to shovel his own damn self out, or words to that effect, and "you can sit out there all night for all I care." Then she slammed the door in his face,

What really happened, because I was there and saw it all

Truck driver banged away on the overhead door and we took a little while to open it because only receiving supervisor has a key for it. Truck driver demanded a shovel, which we handed to him through the door. He then told us (as opposed to asking us) that when he was done he was just going to leave the shovel outside. Receiving supervisor asked him to instead knock on the door again so we could get the shovel from him.

Truck driver finished shoveling and banged on the door. As we opened it to get the shovel back, he said he was calling the corporate office. Receiving supervisor asked if he'd like to speak to a manager about the dock, and he refused, complaining about how late he was.

Basically, he was in a bad mood from the get-go, which is understandable because he shouldn't have to spend an hour chewing up his tires because our dock is so steep and slippery, and decided to take it out on us by telling blatant lies. So now there's an offical-ish investigation about how bad our snow removal service is, and whether or not we treated the truck driver with respect, and corporate wants to know what really happened last night.

No offense to the truck drivers here, but ours generally suck.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

It's never good when a person's emotions take over how they tell a story and it becomes a little more than fabricated and dramatic.

I'm wondering how this will pan out.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      It's never good when a person's emotions take over how they tell a story and it becomes a little more than fabricated and dramatic.
      It usually happens because they realize that the truth sounds just a little undewhelming and more than a bit pathetic when they say it out loud--even if it is a legitimate complaint.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
      X