This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'M LEAVING!!!!

Yes, I am LEAVING the Cesspit of Doom!!! I put in my week's notice tomorrow No more horrid manager! No more rude vile customers! No more picking up after people! No more fielding stupid questions! No more aching feet! No more!

Do you have another lily pad to jump to, or are you going into business for yourself? Tell us more! What prompted you to leave now? Inquiring minds (and general busybodies) want to know!
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      Do you have another lily pad to jump to, or are you going into business for yourself? Tell us more! What prompted you to leave now? Inquiring minds (and general busybodies) want to know!
      Amen. Details, please.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I have a part-time training contract with a solicitor's firm 3 days a week for 5 times the salary I would receive at the job I am in now.

Comment

sweet action! that is awesome that that's even still possible in today's craptacular job world. Less work for more pay... wait. You don't have to kill anyone, do you?
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
            Less work for more pay... wait. You don't have to kill anyone, do you?
            "In today's craptacular job world", is that really a non-starter?
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Hooray! That's great news!

Comment

Fantastic.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

and

I am so very, VERY happy for you!!!

*Now excuse me whilst I go mutter in the corner about needing to update my own resume*
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm really nervous about giving in my notice though...and I don't know why!!!!

Comment

Know what? Give it to 'em and let 'em have it with both barrels. If they ask you why you're leaving say, "The customers. 99% the customers." Then elaborate. Or just walk out. And, I'd like to follow in your footsteps. Yaaayyyyy for you!!! I am so glad because your customers make me mad.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'd start by saying, "I am hereby giving notice of leaving your employment, because - " and then go through all your posts here and list each and every event. That should make for a little light bedtime reading.
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

WOOHOO! That is awesome news! Congratulations!

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
                          Thanks everyone! I'm really nervous about giving in my notice though...and I don't know why!!!!
                          Don't be...you should feel good about this!

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          Know what? Give it to 'em and let 'em have it with both barrels. If they ask you why you're leaving say, "The customers. 99% the customers." Then elaborate. Or just walk out. And, I'd like to follow in your footsteps. Yaaayyyyy for you!!! I am so glad because your customers make me mad.
                          I couldn't have said it better myself!
                          Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
                            Change is always hard. You're going to be doing something completely different, and you want to be successful. That produces a normal sense of excitation and anxiety. Consider it a good thing; it will motivate you to do a good job. Once you get started things should get better.

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                            I'd start by saying, "I am hereby giving notice of leaving your employment, because - " and then go through all your posts here and list each and every event. That should make for a little light bedtime reading.
                            I strongly urge Miss Stress NOT to do either of these things. It is completely unproductive to burn your bridges behind you. Instead be honest and tell them the new job is an opportunity for you to advance your career goals. HR will understand that, and you will be listed as eligible for rehire. You'll still need to put this job on your resume for awhile until you get established in your new field.
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

They make me mad too! You just wait until my last day...no more nice Miss_Stress!

I called the Boss today to make sure she got my notice. I got the short and sharp treatment. Boo effing hoo!

Comment

Working...
                              X