Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Gonna Make Someone a Great Wife Someday!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Gonna Make Someone a Great Wife Someday!

Seriously. I don't know if this is a sign of my age, but I woke up today, Saturday, a day off for me, excited about one thing more than any other: today I would be making my very first meat loaf!

Yes, this is how I, Mr. Party Animal, a Minister of Perpetual Consumption for Beer Church, is spending his weekend. Exciting, no?

I tell ya, once I find a woman willing to wash the dishes, I'll marry her!

In other news, another sign of my advancing age is that, as I was coming back to my apartment from tossing the trash, I noticed out of the corner of my eye a hot chick in a bikini at the pool. And just as I was thinking, "Wow, who's the little hottie?" I realized exactly who she was: my 20 year old niece!

Reminded me of the local musician who tells a similar story. One day, when he was playing a set on stage at a local bar, he noticed a hot little number in cutoffs and a bikini top. Enjoying the view, he was pleased to see she was coming to the stage, as he figured to make a request or tip him. Until she said the last two words he expected from her: "Hi, Grandpa!" It had apparently been a bit of time since last he had seen this particular grandchild of his.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Mmm, meatloaf. I think I'll make meatloaf one of these days. If you find a good variation, would you share it?

Comment

I don't like doing dishes but I'll do them if I have to.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I should have said WILLING to do the dishes.

So my first recipe goes something like this: equal parts ground veal, ground pork, and ground beef, some bread crumbs and eggs, chicken stock, salt, pepper, and other spices, and some fresh herbs, wrapped in maple bacon, basted with barbecue sauce, and sprinkled with brown sugar. Currently getting happy in the oven.

Taking longer to cook than I expected, though. I have coworkers to feed, damn it!

Still A Customer."

Comment

I recommend you watch Tako the Octopus on "How to make meatloaf".

(Beware if you don't like spiders.)
          Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 02-05-2011, 07:57 PM. Reason: spider warning!

Comment

I usually add a bit of dijon mustard to the mix.
            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Sounds good, Jester! I love meatloaf....there are so many different ways to make it that you can't get bored with it.

One of my favorite ones is where you put mashed potatoes on top (just spread them on like frosting) and put it back in the over for a while to brown a little.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Jester, don't feel too bad about the niece situation. One of my uncles once made a comment about how I was definetly getting chesty like my mother, right in front of my father, and that is probably one of the only times I've ever seen my dad look like he wanted to kill a man.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm willing to wash dishes!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post

(Beware if you don't like spiders.)
                    Uh....not clicking.

I'll admit, I'm picky about meatloaf. I like my mom's but don't particularly like my dad's. It's the same recipe but my dad makes it wetter and my mom uses more bread crumbs so it's drier.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The loaf came out quite nice, and my staff was, for the most part, impressed.

Not to say there aren't improvements to be made. My next time, I definitely plan on seasoning and spicing more, and adjusting the glaze somewhat.

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                      Seen him before, though not that episode. Hilarious!

Quoth monolayth View Post
                      I usually add a bit of dijon mustard to the mix.
                      I considered that (and many other potential ingredients), but in the end went in a different direction.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      One of my favorite ones is where you put mashed potatoes on top (just spread them on like frosting) and put it back in the over for a while to brown a little.
                      Ah, yes. Shepherd's Pie!

(Yes, I know that there is more to Shepherd's Pie than that. Hush. I was being clever.)

Quoth Becks View Post
                      I'm willing to wash dishes!
                      Did I mention that I live in the tropics? (And no, I'm not moving up north. I do NOT do winter. When I leave Key West, it will be to head back to the desert, aka Phoenix.)

Still A Customer."

Comment

I read the title more as "I'm Gonna Make a Great Wife for Someone Someday". Glad I read that wrong.
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

What's the difference? Basically what I was saying.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I tell ya, once I find a woman willing to wash the dishes, I'll marry her!
                            Hey, if you'll do the cooking, I'll do the cleaning!

Quoth Jester View Post
                            When I leave Key West, it will be to head back to the desert, aka Phoenix.)
                            But I'll wait until you get to Phoenix...Florida's too muggy!

As for that part about your niece...oh dear!
                            Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Key West is not nearly as muggy as the mainland, such as Miami.

Just saying.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X