X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very much WTF ID moment...

So this is a list of what we have had to ID for (past and present):

-Food colouring.
    -Vanilla essence. (both due to the alcohol content)
    -Certain DVDs (restricted ratings in Australia are MA and R-MA can only be sold to those over 15 without an adult, under 15 you NEED an adult, R is pretty much 18+, in the past it wasn't enforced, now it is)
    -Birrel beer (non-alcoholic beer, yet we don't ID for the brewery kits)
    And the one that gets me a huge WTF is:

-Various knives.

We sell this set of cutlery that folds into a box. Basically a knife, fork, spoon and chopstick set, which consist of a handle and the attachments described. THAT has been getting ID'd lately, along with our steak knives and our cutlery knives.

YET....whenever I go to ID our cheap crappy plastic knives, there's no ID prompt.

What are some other weird things you've had to ID for?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I've been ID'd for trying to buy a bicycle tire pump and non-alcoholic beer. I witnessed Kmart trying to card a ninety year old man over a can of spray paint.

Comment

That's just damn weird or dumb RK
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

It's a dumb store.

Last time I was in there, I decided that would be the last time I was in there.

Comment

I was ID'd not too long ago when buying Day-Quil.......it's not a medicine I normally buy, and there was no sign on the shelves indicating that you had to show I.D. to purchase it, so I was a bit surprised when the SCO machine prompted me to show my card to the attendant.

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
            I was ID'd not too long ago when buying Day-Quil.......it's not a medicine I normally buy, and there was no sign on the shelves indicating that you had to show I.D. to purchase it, so I was a bit surprised when the SCO machine prompted me to show my card to the attendant.
            I believe there's alcohol in that stuff, but you'd have to buy an awful lot to get a buzz from it, I'd think.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've been ID'ed for:

An "E" rated puzzle game. This was at a warehouse-club store and the age prompt that came up seemed to be for alcohol. Cashier was more confused than I was.

Sharpies (allegedly to combat graffiti). Interestingly across the river they don't card.

2600 magazine (wtf?)
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Food colouring???? Why would anybody need to be carded for that?
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                  Food colouring???? Why would anybody need to be carded for that?
                  A Legis-cretin got pranked, and panicked at pissing rainbows.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I believe there's alcohol in that stuff, but you'd have to buy an awful lot to get a buzz from it, I'd think.
                    Well, where it would've gotten awkward for me is that I didn't have my I.D. on me.......the attendant was cool about it when I explained that I'd not realized I'd need show one to purchase that stuff.

Comment

I've had cashiers want to card me when buying sparkling grape juice before (basically carbonated juice), but not because the system prompted them, just because they saw "wine shaped bottle" and didn't look at the label.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                        Sharpies (allegedly to combat graffiti). Interestingly across the river they don't card.
                        In actuality, this was most likely due to the chemicals in the ink. I know I get feeling weird in the head around the fumes from one of those permanent markers. Some morons are probably buying them by the box as a cheap high.
                        Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                        Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
                          In actuality, this was most likely due to the chemicals in the ink. I know I get feeling weird in the head around the fumes from one of those permanent markers. Some morons are probably buying them by the box as a cheap high.
                          *sigh* They are. Our receptionist orders all office supplies, because the last time she ran over to Staples to get fine-tip Sharpies (they're practically next door, sometimes it's easier if you just need one thing immediately), they ID'd her. Ok, she's little and cute but she IS over 50 and doesn't really look even close to questionably underage.
                          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Most cough suppressants contain a chemical called Dextromethorphan. In higher doses it's hallucinogenic and has become a bit of a party drug due to that, I'm told mixed into other drinks. There's an 18+ restriction on it in most states.
                            » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                              Most cough suppressants contain a chemical called Dextromethorphan. In higher doses it's hallucinogenic and has become a bit of a party drug due to that, I'm told mixed into other drinks. There's an 18+ restriction on it in most states.
                              this and I believe that Ni-Quil has like 25% alcohol in it (at least it used to).
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X