This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stole a guest's baby

It is my first day back to work after a week off. Let's see how things have gone so far.

I'ma gonna beat you!

Other MOD has declared she is going to "slap the f***ing s***" out of me. I may or may not have made a smartass comment that deserved the threat.

I expect that soon, Other MOD will be hauled away in handcuffs

Other MOD told me a story wherein she was an SC. Apparently, the nearby convinience store has not been restocking her favorite soda, chips, and those little cheese-and-crackers-and-meat snack-packs she loves so much. After three days of denying her snacky goodness, she snapped and yelled at the clerk, and demanded the store's number. The clerk gave her the number.

Other MOD: "Are you a good runner?"
    Clerk: "Yeah, I guess so."
    Other MOD: "Good. When I call, you run out of here, 'cause that means I'm going to blow this store up. I AM GOING TO BURN THIS MOTHERF***ER TO THE GROUND!!!!"

I presume the clerk must be familiar with her enough to appreciate (or at least understand) her angry sense of humor, because I haven't seen any police come to haul her away...yet.

I don't want to share the road with you.

We've had a little bit of snow up here (thankfully, not as much as everyone around us). It's sunny, so much has melted away. In fact, the places in direct sunlight are pretty much dry pavement, but the shady areas are still icy.

As I was departing from my bank run, I saw a pick-up peel out of the parking lot, skidding and swerving the whole way. The pavement was damp at worst. I shudder to think of how this guy drives on the slicker stuff.

I hope you appreciate what he went through.

A guest had someone else paying for them. This guy drove from the other side of the county south of us, where they had 8-10 inches of snow overnight, just to pay for their room. I shudder to think of the horrors he encountered on the roads there. We gave him a form he can fax to us with a copy of his CC so he won't have to endure that in the future.

I stole a guest's baby.

One of our guests, for whatever reason, left her child briefly with Other MOD. The phone in the office rang, so Other MOD dumped the child on me, where he puked up a bit. (Do I give people that reaction?)

Then Hubs walked in to pick up the key to our room, so I took advantage of the opportunity. On Facebook right now is a pic of Hubs and me, smiling, holding the baby. It should serve well to freak out certain friends and family, namely my parents.

The funny thing is, when they ask who's kid it is, all I can do is shrug and say "I dunno." 'Cause I don't know these people at all. I can't even tell you the guest's name. (I can look it up, but where's the fun in that?) It's just some random stranger's kid I took a photo with. I really can't tell you whose kid it is!

Paycheques?!?!

Our paycheques haven't arrived yet, and there's no UPS shipping notification. Are we going to get them this week, I wonder? (They can't be cashed until after 10am on Friday, but they usually arrive on Thursday morning.)

X-rated convos

I didn't get my usual room. The room I took tonight is Other MOD's usual room, so she said Hubs and I weren't allowed to "do the nasty" in her room. I told her I would make sure we would "do the nasty" in every nook and cranny of that room. Hubs then mentioned the difficulties of "doing the nasty" in the showers. Other MOD told us how to prop up my legs between the shower and the toilet to make it work. I asked Other MOD if she spoke from experience. She said maybe. The conversation continued downhill from there.

So yeah, pretty much a typical day at work. Glad to see things haven't changed much in the week I left. (We did get a really cool new dryer while I was gone...it has so many buttons and so shiny...! They gave our new washer away to another property, though. )
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 02-24-2011, 09:38 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    Uhm.

We're gonna need you to keep us updated on that one, m'kay?

Comment

I'ma gonna beat you!

Other MOD has declared she is going to "slap the f***ing s***" out of me. I may or may not have made a smartass comment that deserved the threat.

Should have said 'Great! I'll let you know when I'm constipated next. That way we'll both be happy!'

Comment

Other MOD accepted responsibility to care for some stranger's (customer's) infant? There are so many levels of Oh Hell No that I can't even comprehend. Besides liability, wattaya bet the parent tries to leave the baby again for some non-emergency like going to the store or cleaning off her vehicle.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

And here I was thinking the baby story would involve a hysterical and/or deranged woman who never had a baby screaming at you and calling the police.

You have disappointed me. (Actually, I'm glad that's not what happened. Still, passing off your baby to a stranger when you're NOT at a daycare?)

Comment

All this talk of just handing off the baby reminds me of some old Yellowstone bear stories... And this (Not Safe for people with hearts) Rhymes With Witch comic
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

On Facebook right now is a pic of Hubs and me, smiling, holding the baby. It should serve well to freak out certain friends and family, namely my parents.

The funny thing is, when they ask who's kid it is, all I can do is shrug and say "I dunno." 'Cause I don't know these people at all. I can't even tell you the guest's name. (I can look it up, but where's the fun in that?) It's just some random stranger's kid I took a photo with. I really can't tell you whose kid it is!
              I think its the height of weirdness (and rudeness, come to that) for the parents to just dump the baby on the hotel staff, and use you as unpaid babysitting BUT you might want to think twice about having that picture of you with someone else's baby up on your FB. Its really not cool to have pictures of other people's kids up without their permission, even if they DID dump the baby on you.
              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
              - Dave Barry

Comment

Just an FYI, I did have permission from the mom to post the pic. And I think Other MOD volunteered to hold the baby for a minute. That's the impression I was under.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but when Khan was smaller I used to run around the house holding him over my head, shrieking, "I stole a baby!" like those little guys in "Willow".

I didn't have postpartum depression, I had postpartum weirdness.
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

AnaKhouri-my son is 18 and randomly texts me that ALL THE TIME! we LOVE "Willow" and are a little odd, anyway...
                    You can't take the sky from me...

Comment

The best part is, if my husband was home he'd say, "I stole the baby from you, Daikini. While you were taking a pee-pee!" and he didn't even give birth, so I guess he's just naturally weird.
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                      X