This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cried at work and then almost quit

So yesterday was awful. First off my bosses keep making new rules and not telling me about the changes, also the changes never work right. So they decided that my store keys have to be locked up in the safe in the market, I usually leave them hanging up in the BK office. So i think no big deal. Well yesterday I came in and went to the office to get my keys. I ask Susan( a boss) hey can you open the safe and get my keys. The following is in all caps cause it was yelling

Susan-- WELL YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT CAUSE I JUST GOT HERE..

Me- I thought okay I hate to be bombarded as soon as I get to work. So I said okay I'm sorry I'll give ya a few mins.

So she opens the safe and big surprise, no keys.So I thought okay I'll check BK, no keys. No one in the market or Bk has seen my keys. So susan calls my other boss Jennie and she says shes in the lobby. So I go down to the lobby and wait and wait..... No sign of my boss. So I go back up to the market and tell susan that jennie is no where. Once again yelling...

Susan ---- WELL YOU HAVE TO WAIT LONGER AND GIVE HER TIME TO GET THERE..

Me-

So I go back down to the lobby and wait and wait....No Jennie... At this time its ten mins til opening and no keys. And I haven't been able to make anything yet or get supplies for the store. Which means I get yelled at by customers.

I then go back upstairs and here comes a random cashier with my keys..

Oh here candyshopgirl I have your keys. I say what the crap are you doing with my keys? You are just a cashier like me . She just and says they gave them to me.
    So I go into my store and just start for seriously 20 mins, I couldnt stop. I called my husband and threatened to quit. I'm so fucking tired of being yelled at and talked down to. I'm sick of it. Everywhere I go in this company, I get talked down to, I went to the stockroom, and he talked to me like I was handicapped.This is the worst run and managed company I've ever seen. And before someone asks, yes my bosses are different then my last story cause they rearrange bosses ever few months. I HATE my job

Revolving bosses? No wonder the place is such a mess.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Nobody should be making you cry at work. Maybe Susan was having a bad day, but there was no call for her to speak to you like that.

Have you thought about looking for a different job?
      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
      - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
        Nobody should be making you cry at work. Maybe Susan was having a bad day, but there was no call for her to speak to you like that.

Have you thought about looking for a different job?
        Yes already doing it. I've applied many places.

Comment

It does sound like a pretty toxic place to work. Hope you find something better soon.

Comment

I agree that maybe that person was having a bad day, and unfortunately you were the first one in the firing line and got it worse. If that's an ongoing personality trait of her's then you need to speak to her supervisor about that. It already seems talking directly to her will only cause replies of being yelled back.

It could be worse though. You could be HER!

Comment

Working...
            X