This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible promo in the future...

Rumor has it Boss Man wants to quit. I think it's stupid, because he's just running away from his issues instead of dealing with them, but that's for another post in another forum.

Other MOD is not interested in the promotion. She wants to move back to the Midwest someday and doesn't want to be "tied down" to the property. So she's been trying to get me interested.

On one hand, I get a free apartment and utilities. On the other hand, the apartment is tiny (you could fit it twice inside my place, and my place isn't that big), there's a lot more crap that comes with the added responsibility, and the pay isn't that great.

I really am leaning against being a GM. The idea of living at work is less than appealing. Plus, the company tends to treat GMs like crap. I am going back to school, though, and Other MOD has said she will watch the property while I do so (she has done this for two previous bosses). So if it's only going to be for a few years, then maybe it's worth it. Being able to live rent-free would help to save for tuition and a house.

Of course, before anything happens we have to see if Boss Man is serious. Other MOD thinks he really is this time but I'm very skeptical.

Happy news for Hubs

Hubby has been working as a temp at a production facility, and he's just found out he's on the list to be hired on in the next group! He's had to deal with some crap from coworkers talking crap about him (so they could try and make themselves look better to the powers that be), and he made it through a wave of layoffs, so we're very happy that he's finally going to be hired on. He loves the job (manufacturing aircraft interiors), and he's pretty stoked about being hired on.
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 03-03-2011, 10:11 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Good luck on that. Just stay skeptic 'til you see the memo.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Congrats on the hubby front. If you want my advice about the gm job...I would take it. Like you said you live rent/utility free and can save money. Get rid of any extra crap you don't need to save on space. (or maybe store it I dunno). There are zero commute costs for the job. You can save up money and when you're ready just quit.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
      X