This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It shouldn't be this hard to find people

We need people so badly it isn’t even funny, this isn’t even just in preparation for the summer either, we are legitimately understaffed, to the point where we can’t even have one full time arts and crafts person (we should have two) because we need them down at the desk, and even our part timer is getting four shifts a week, even though she was only supposed to get three. I don’t understand how we don’t have anybody, it isn’t that bad of a gig, the pay doesn’t suck (9.00/hr), the unemployment rate in the area is pretty damn high, and at this point we will take just about anybody. The problem is that the positions are only listed on our corporate website so unless people are specifically looking to work here they aren’t going to be aware of the job opening and the only people who really look at a timeshare’s online job postings are people who want to work in sales. At least we did have one person interview this week so as long as she passes the background check we should have one position filled, but we need at least five more before May or we'll be screwed.

*Sigh*

Anybody want a job in Williamsburg?

If I lived nearby, I would love a job doing artsy things with people!
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
      If I lived nearby, I would love a job doing artsy things with people!
      What, like glueing them together? Pasting them to pieces of paper and spraying them metallic colours?

Rapscallion

Comment

What kind of job? (And would it be worth putting up with my grandma?)
        What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

It's not hard to find people in that situation. Your employer just isn't trying.

Comment

Can I ask what your job is? And if you can't answer on the boards, can you PM me? A friend of mine has been out of work for two years now because of the recession. He lives about 30 minutes from Williamsburg and he's pretty desperate for a job.
            "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              What, like glueing them together? Pasting them to pieces of paper and spraying them metallic colours?

Rapscallion
              I have a lot of stickers. I'm just sayin. :P
              EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
              ~-~
              Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                It's not hard to find people in that situation. Your employer just isn't trying.
                It isn't so much a lack of trying as all job postings are done through HR and our head of HR can be a moron.

Note: that is the head of local HR, the people in corporate HR are awesome.
                Last edited by Solumina; 03-06-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X