Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:28 AM
feel the noise--make it real

Ananda quickly put in, before she embarrassed herself further "--No, why do want me? I thought ... uh... mutant taskforces or something would be a lower security clearance or something? I don't know anything? Dad, um...it's like he rang the doorbell to make sure it worked!" She spat out, in a desperate attempt to explain that he was checking the legitimacy of what the two women had said.
Apparently, it was very legitimate. She felt her face heat.
"I'm not even really out of college yet."
Her words felt small and pointed in the silence that the room had somehow acquired.

Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-16-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Has had too many jobs

Marge thinks for a moment. "I will be perfectly honest. At first the taskforce would have had very little authority..but things have changed. More mutants have been showing up, and there have been other unusual things occurring, we needed a taskforce that not only has the authority, but autonomy to do what needs to be done."

She sits, looking directly in your eyes. "Not all mutants are friendly, some are down right aggressive. Section 3's main task will be to help remove any that are threats, recruit the ones that are not, and to sooth the tension about mutants for the world. For now it is secret, because it must be, but I am hoping that will not always be the case."

"As for why you are important..if Gemini Two is correct, and he normally is, you are pretty powerful. He can tell a persons power, don't ask me how, and he seems to think you may be able to alter the playing field to Section threes advantage when and if they have to confront another mutant."

Old 03-16-2011, 08:46 AM

Ananda couldn't stop the grin from forming on her face. "Altering the playing field? I'd say so." Did she know the double-meaning? Ananda couldn't imagine that she didn't.
She also couldn't imagine that she was supposed to stand up before the president, either.
"Uh..." she looked over at her mother, who was currently eyeing a Secret Agent who was dripping dirt on her carpets. The agent was ignoring the older woman.
"I graduate in two weeks?"
The echo from her dozens of resumes felt silly.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Has had too many jobs

Bluefield stands up and smiles. "Excellent. Give them a call when you are ready, and they will arrange everything. Now my part in this is pretty limited, to giving them the needed authority in this country.." she hands you a card.."but you call if you need anything. That is a direct line."

She turns to the Major. "I hope that we have covered any issues or concerns about this?" as if noticing the mothers gaze, looks down .. "And we will pay for any cleaning, even installation of new carpeting or flooring if you think it needed."

Old 03-16-2011, 08:54 AM

Her father, dignified as ever in the presence of 'outside command'-- he often joked that the dogs and his wife were in charge-- replies in the affirmative, saluting again as he does so, and thanks her. Ananda hadn't noticed that he'd saluted before. It looked so strange when he wasn't in his uniform...
Just as quickly as they had poured into her small home, they were gone, and a helicopter fading into the distance, with a card in her hand, was all that was left of the surreal experience.
And the dirt.
EDIT: Ananda-Omake: O_____O G'whut?
Major-Omake: "hey my name's Marcus. Also, I should help you respond to those resumes you won't need."

Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-16-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Has had too many jobs

Robert walked into the local pub, still trying to figure out what to do. Having lost his job, he needed another, but almost all jobs had some contact with machines. It would be almost impossible.

The pub had an unusually strong field coming from it..no from one of the corners. Where a tall young man, was staring at the oddest computer screen Robert has ever seen. A blond man with spiked hair, what looked like aviation goggles, and some crazy looking gloves.

The man flicked a few keys on the keyboard, and suddenly the whole place went quiet. The man then put away his computer, picked up a leather jacket and threw it into the air..where it hang..

He stood up, places himself under the jacket, makes a motion with the glove .. and the jacket falls..right onto him sliding on effortlessly. Nothing else moves.

Approaching Robert, bringing his computer, the man states. "You are Robert Miller" then gives the recruitment 'spiel', card and all, but adds. "You want to work with computers and electrical equipment right? Section 3 is perfect for you. Our technology is .. special. Your power won't even cause it to blink."

((Keep in mind this whole time nothing has moved even the 'flowing beer' is just standing there..not flowing))

Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Magical Talking Ponies

Rob stops and stares at the effect. And it takes a minute for him to recover. "I'll say... That's some kind of special." He looks around the room at the frozen actions, then back to the person who apparently caused it.

"What's Section 3? At this point I'm almost expecting you to ask me to step into a TARDIS."

Old 03-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Substitute Teacher FTW

It took Kate two days to at least come to the decision that she wanted more information about all this. You know, informed decision and all that. So playing with the card the two gave her as she dials, she sits at the kitchen table, phone in hand.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Has had too many jobs

((I hope the two of you don't mind me replying to both one post..look for your characters names ))

Kate

Somebody picks up the other end. "Section 3, Alexis speaking. I am glad you called, shall we set up a meeting?"

Robert

He is told what everybody else was..international entity, etc. "No Tardis, but..." he opens his computer and punches a few buttons..and a portal opens up..."You can step into the rabbit hole if you are brave enough"

Old 03-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Substitute Teacher FTW

"Um...yeah. That would be good." Mild shock at the tone of recognition there, but considering caller ID and everything, shouldn't be that surprising.

((and no prob with multi-posts ^__^))