This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruining it for the Rest of Us

Not really Sucky CoWorkers, since we weren't on the clock at the time, but events of yesterday did affect worktime today.

Basically, Bossman and Sup invited all us (4) drones to an early St Patty's Day thing at a nearby PT's (bar). Everyone would get 1 drink and an appitizer on the company.

Then we get there, and they change it to Drink Up and Eat Hearty.

Since I needed to leave early and drive across town for a bartending class and am a lightweight, anyway, I opted for just a cola. 1 CW didn't join us. 1 had Whiskey Sour, the other had wine. It was tasty and fun.

This morning, Whiskey called in since she's "not feeling well". Wine's daughter is apparently sick, and she has no babysitter, so she would be "late". Hour and 10 minutes late so far, with no sign that she'll be coming in

Sup straight up said (to Bossman while myself and Other CW were in the room) that there would be no more company outings.

*sigh* At least I got a free burger while I could.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Too bad workers didn't show up, but it doesn't sound like they overdid it with alcohol. Sometimes that's just how things happen.

But hey, if outings are forbidden, maybe you can talk them into takeout.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Or a pizza day.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Some people never mature. They're adults, they should recognize their limits, especially on a company outing.

After things cool down, do suggest ordering food in for an event. After a while, you might suggest an outing, but recommend someplace without a bar, or suggest that since it's a company outing that no alcohol be had by anyone.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
        X