This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one person can run the whole restraunrant

So yesterday I went over to the market to get someone to check my deposit, its just easier if I do it myself. And when I arrived it was a fucking madhouse. The boss was running around talking and cussing to herself about about something wrote in a notebook. And all the employees were yelling cause it was their time to leave and big surprise the moron supers had not scheduled anyone to work after them. The one girl was running register, when she got done with register customers then she would go running around the various food stores making food for people, I'm completely serious. They had one person running the market. There is 3 food shops there.
    So then I went over to BK and Baha fresh... and it was nuts too. Baha fresh had one person running the whole thing and Bk had 3 people. And the director was over there screaming that one of them had to go home. WTF They tried to make me close at 2 yesterday. They decided not to when I told them that I would send all the mad as hell customers over to them for them to explain. So I finally got the screaming manager to sign my deposit, and it only took 45 mins. But thats okay it took them a hour and a half to get the woman downstairs.
    I am so glad that I'm leaving next week. They want these stores open but with as little as possible staff, and it can't work like that. And they said next week that they are gonna start laying people off for the summer and do a extreme hours cut.

Ouch....totally not cool.
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

I can just imagine that my employer would like to do that.......... upper-level management in the city makes a big deal out of "doing more with less", and one of the things they've done which affected my work area was eliminating our vacant full-time position. (this despite our department head pointing out that we only have X number of staff members, and Y amount of hours to cover.........it's really NOT possible for one person to cover all of the duties in my area)

Comment

Welcome to my store, where the SM will schedule the closing manager, a cashier, a framer and, if we're lucky, a floor person.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

ahhhh yes the proverbial "belt-tightening" coming from above. yupeven in the pizza biz they are severly cutting back on hours and such. Yeah how does that insane $10 promotion you ran last year look now?????
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Many years ago in my brief fast food career, I worked at a place (the one with the now dead chihuahua) that was a block from a high school, which meant busy lunches, light dinners. We were slammed for less than an hour at lunch, but we were seriously slammed. And prep time for the food (before it was mostly reconstituted soy sludge) took a lot of time. But corporate kept beating on us for having too many people in during hours when we weren't selling.

People are not going to come in to work for one hour. Get a clue. They seriously wanted us to schedule people for two hours a day. Left there after a month (I said it was brief) and filed with the labor board for my unpaid overtime and their general douchiness.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
            X