This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm screwed.

Over the past few months, my hours have been getting cut, an hour here, two hours there, etc. The last straw came when a woman who has been working there for at best 2 months got 10 more hours than me. So I left a note (again) saying that I cannot afford to have so few hours, because I can't afford to pay my rent and bills (to say nothing of food!).

Cue a meeting with the FES and the store manager, who proceeded to tell me a huge list of complaints they had against me, which gave them the excuse to cut my hours. Yet they never once brought up those issues for me to fix before...

So. They put their collective heads together and came up with an ideal solution: I'll work in the deli part time and stay up front part time. They claim I can get all the hours I possibly would want over in the deli, even though I know for a fact that there is at least one person back there begging for more hours.

They made me an offer I cannot refuse. I *hate* working in the deli, but I have no choice now.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I'm sorry hon. If you have been there a while and make a lot, it's about money. The complaints are an excuse. It's happening all over.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Apparently there, $8.50 an hour is a lot. (The closing manager only makes around $10 an hour.)

Never fear, though, I'm encouraging her to apply elsewhere.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Becks, I make more (just barely) than some people who've worked there for 4 years.

Ugh.

Comment

In case anyone cares...

Last week, I was scheduled for 27 hours.

This week, including the hours I'm getting in deli, I'm scheduled for 30.

Comment

Yeah. Screwed. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              My mind said "I wonder who is screwing whom behind the scenes?"

This sucks. Hope you can find a new/better job soon!
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                They want me to quit, since they don't have grounds to fire me.

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                My mind said "I wonder who is screwing whom behind the scenes?"
                There are a couple opinions on that...

Quoth DeltaSierra View Post
                This sucks. Hope you can find a new/better job soon!
                Working on it.

Comment

They also probably hope you'll quit so they don't have to pay unemployment.

I don't know legalities, but a lot of companies make it hard to work for them on purpose, and just skirt around obeying the laws just so that you'll leave.

*general you
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I call BS on their "complaints". If things were really as bad as they claim, they would have canned you With Cause by now. Get something else and get outta there!

I recently went thru something like this at my IT job -- They re-hired the person i replaced (six YEARS ago!) for much less money, canned me because "they had too many office workers", then fought my Unemployment claim, after stating -- *in writing* -- that the firing was due to too many workers (they even said they would like to work with me in the future). The appellate judge looked at everything and heard us all out, then asked them one single question: 'If [EricKei] did all of these things that you claim, why didn't you fire him back then (2 years ago), and why haven't you submitted any proof of what you said he did?' ... They had no real response. She ruled in my favor ^_^ Don't lose hope!
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I am wondering if you work for the same place my GF works for??? cHopps run by Squaries perhaps???? cause the same thing has happened to her in the last 2 or 3 years
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        I am wondering if you work for the same place my GF works for??? cHopps run by Squaries perhaps???? cause the same thing has happened to her in the last 2 or 3 years
                        Nope. Small family owned grocery.

Comment

And now I'm scheduled for deli all week. Faster than even I expected. So far no idea on how many hours.

Comment

I don't know how things go these days, but I quit a job and got unemployment for lack of hours.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm thinking about it. That and/or trying to get food stamps. *sigh*

Last week, I was scheduled for 25 f'ing hours.

This week, I'm getting 32.

Comment

Working...
                              X