Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must Construction Workers Fill In A Stereotype?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must Construction Workers Fill In A Stereotype?!

So today I am at work remodeling the cash wrap area. I'm giving it a face lift so it'll look nice for the VP's visit on Mon & Tue. On the right of the cash wrap area are GIANT WINDOWS so we have a pretty good view...and so do the construction workers.

I keep on working and every now and then I look to the right and there's some guy in his truck staring at me. I mean his truck is rightoutsidethewindow so he's really right there, just staring. This goes on for a long time. I'm bending over, standing on stools, bending and reaching and he's right there, creepiliy staring at me. Some old dude.

I yell upstairs to my boss about the scenerio and he marches downstairs and says, "Let's see how he likes it." The dude did'nt like it very much and rolled up his window and kept looking back to see if HE was still being stared at. Haha, I couldn't stop laughing! Finally, he just drove away.

BUT COME ON!!! Everytime they are out there fixing crap (this has been going on for THREE SUMMERS now) they always stare at the ladies in our windows. How uncomfortable! It's like we're in a fishbowl.

Anyway, I guess it's nothing monumental. I just needed to vent about pigs.

I'm a guy, and I stare. If you're attractive to me, I admit, I stare. I don't mean to, I know it's rude, but I stare. Sometimes I catch myself before I offend or make the woman uncomfortable.
    But that's how guys are wired. Sorry about that. But it's true. Men are visual.
    You got curves in the right places, we look. We ogle. We fantasize.

We modern neanderthals understand it makes you uncomfortable, but you can't fight nature.
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

You stare without blinking for 15 minutes like this guy?

Comment

Meh, some guys stare, some of us get phone numbers!
        WWJND - "What Would JAM Not Do?" - Fashion Lad

Comment

Quoth WonTon
          You stare without blinking for 15 minutes like this guy?
          15 mins, wow. The body you must have
          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I'm shy. I don't stare, I sneak peeks.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Phf, if you are noticing him staring, he's doing a crappy job. I have my technique down and everything.

This reminds me of the first Duece Bigalow, Male Gigolo when Duece goes to the fish store and keeps having the girl go for the snails...
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind
                15 mins, wow. The body you must have
                Shucks, thanks. *blushes*

Comment

You shouldn't have to put up with harassment like that.

off topic a bit, but one of the few friends I had in Jr. High really scared me one time. In our neighborhood, some of the houses were still being built, and the construction workers were all a bunch of Mexicans, who according to their culture, find younger people attractive than people in our culture in Texas do. I suppose he didn't look at her and see a 12-13 year old girl but saw a woman. Anyway, she had some problems, she went over to talk to one of them to ask them something, whatever it was, I forgot, but it wasn't anything sexual, and it was irrelevant.

I tried to stop her, I said "(her name), don't talk to them! It's not safe!" Let's just say it was just plain weird for me to walk down the street as a 12 year old and have grown men whistling at us. Anyway, she walked up and started talking to this one construction worker, and he swung his hips around in a circle at her! I said "(name), get back over here and leave him alone!"

She was lucky, he didn't try to rape her, but he was definitely thinking of her in a sexual way, judging by the swinging hips and the look on his face.

I tried to avoid going out where they could see us from then on out.

Comment

Working...
                  X