This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those are made from WHAT???

I got a bag of pork rinds a little while ago. The good ones, where every single one was the perfect fluffy airy crispness and there were no hard ones that look crispy but when you bite into them they practically break your tooth. Yummy crispy crunchy pork skins, delicious, delectable and deeeelightfuuuullll (anyone know where that last part is from, lol)

Anyway, it reminded me of a coworker I used to have. She was your typical teenage "mean girl". She worked in the shoe dept of the store I worked Layaway at. She talked to me quite a bit since our departments were so close and she was so lazy. I didn't care for her too much since she had that better than everyone here attitude but being the nice person I am I listened to her shallow stories of how wonderful she was and all the wonderful things she had. She was also a vegetarian, one of the kind that would jump on the table and call you a killer if you happened to have meat in your lunch. I got so tired of listening to her lectures if I was on break with her and tried to avoid being in there at the same time. But one time I had no choice and went to purchase my food and saw her in there. I was like, aw man, here we go. Then I noticed what she was eating. Yep, pork rinds.

Me-so are you not a vegetarian anymore or something?
    Her-yes I am, why
    me-Do you not realize what you are eating?
    her-ummm, chips. I eat them all the time.
    me-um, do you know what those are made out of?
    her-yeah, whatever chips are made out of (seriously, um potatoes, lol)
    me those are made from pig skins
    her-ew, don't lie like that. That is gross.

I told her to read the ingredients and she still did not believe me. A manager came in and she asked him. He looked at her like she was stupid and told her the same thing. She absolutely FREAKED. She threw the "chips" in the garbage and went to the bathroom that was in the breakroom and actually made herself throw up. The manager and I laughed our asses off because we both knew how she was about talking down to people that ate meat. I guess he told some of the other workers about it because a few days later I heard someone walk by her and oink She was all screaming at them "leave me alone" Normally I would have felt bad for her but after dealing with her and her mean attitude she deserved it.

Pork, the other white potato. :-)

I had something similar happen with a former co-worker. She was a strict vegetarian. No meat or animal products whatsoever.
    But her favorite snack was Jello. She was not happy when i showed her what Jello was made from. She thought it was just sugar and water with corn starch.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Pork, the other white potato. :-)

I had something similar happen with a former co-worker. She was a strict vegetarian. No meat or animal products whatsoever.
      But her favorite snack was Jello. She was not happy when i showed her what Jello was made from. She thought it was just sugar and water with corn starch.
      haha, now that I think about it I saw her eating the jello with fruit in it several times too and did not even think about it having animal product in it!

Comment

Quoth pageantmama View Post
        haha, now that I think about it I saw her eating the jello with fruit in it several times too and did not even think about it having animal product in it!
        I can guarantee you will not be getting a x-mas card from her after you tell her this one.

Let us know how THAT goes. lol!

Comment

rather gentle comeuppance if you ask me. It also sounds like she was in it for the 'superiority,' rather than actual caring.
          ... there is vegan gelatin, never had it that I'm aware of, however!
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

"That'll do pig, that'll do"...lol.

Comment

I love Jello! I DON"T care what it is made of. Yes, I looked (Googled) it up.

Comment

Wow. If I had a coworker like that I'd start bringing super rare steak and trying to go on lunch at the same time as her, just to piss her off. (Note: I wouldn't do that to a regular vegetarian, just a holier-than-thou bitch parade like your cow-irker)
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  Wow. If I had a coworker like that I'd start bringing super rare steak and trying to go on lunch at the same time as her, just to piss her off. (Note: I wouldn't do that to a regular vegetarian, just a holier-than-thou bitch parade like your VEG-irker)
                  Fixed it for you!

Comment

sounds more vegan than vegetarian to me. My middle daughter was vegetarian for a while and wouldn't eat Jello for that reason

Yeah sounds like she's an EW to the hilt and deserves every bit of fun being poked at her right now.

And personally I would never eat pork rinds...
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

And what did this particular MENSA member think pork came from?

Methinks that vegetarian diet of hers was killing her brain cells.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        And what did this particular MENSA member think pork came from?

Methinks that vegetarian diet of hers was killing her brain cells.
                        "Bart is a vampire, beer kills brain cells. Now let's go back to that....building....thingy.....where our beds and TV....is."

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                          rather gentle comeuppance if you ask me. It also sounds like she was in it for the 'superiority,' rather than actual caring.
                          ... there is vegan gelatin, never had it that I'm aware of, however!

Gelatin, by its nature, is inherently not vegan. There is, however, a vegan "make things gel" that can be used for gelatin-like desserts. It's called "agar", and is made from seaweed. As a bonus, it can withstand higher temperatures than gelatin without melting.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Gelatin, by its nature, is inherently not vegan. There is, however, a vegan "make things gel" that can be used for gelatin-like desserts. It's called "agar", and is made from seaweed. As a bonus, it can withstand higher temperatures than gelatin without melting.
                            it's also used in microbiology to grow bacteria....
                            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                              Wow. If I had a coworker like that I'd start bringing super rare steak and trying to go on lunch at the same time as her, just to piss her off. (Note: I wouldn't do that to a regular vegetarian, just a holier-than-thou bitch parade like your cow-irker)
                              That wouldn't bother me at all, since I'm a not-holier-than-thou veg.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X