Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 AM
feel the noise--make it real

I lurked for about two years before joining this site. I learned a lot about the members here, and about general human nature.
Plaidman was a good man. I don't make value judgements on people as a thing unless it's fairly obvious and fairly consistent. Name-calling I can toss off... value judgments are a lot touchier-- and even then... .
Good men deserve better than what he got; I will pray that his soul has found peace.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Cosmetic Brain Surgeon

My heart goes out to Driver's family and friends. Anything I can say would be inadequate in the face the loss of a son, a brother...

My faith believes that prayer can speed a soul to paradise. Driver's soul was beautiful and good. He was of comfort to me during time of distress as he was for so many others. Doubtless the journey home for him will be short but I am praying for him.

May the angels guide you and bring you into paradise;
And may the saints come forth to welcome you home.
May the angel chorus sing to welcome you;
And may you have everlasting rest.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Professional Slacker

I think what hurts me the most is that in the past couple weeks, he seemed more...I don't know, happy? Jovial? Maybe I was just misreading things and I wish I had noticed something.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
knows where her towel is

Damn....I didnt know Plaid well, but he was such a kind soul. May he find peace.

My heart goes out to his friends and family

Old 06-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Bagger

I have been a member of this site for quite sometime and although I do not post often, I do come on here everyday to read posts so i have become familiar with everyone here. I have read every post by Plaidman and he was such a nice person yet troubled, I know that he just wanted love and acceptance and I know he was well loved by many members here. We are a community who accepts people for who they are as a person, and for that I am grateful. I am saddened that Plaidman felt this was the only way for him but he will never be forgotten in the hearts and minds of this community! RIP

Old 06-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Ninja Quilter

I will always regret that I didn't get to know him better.

He was always trying to help people, and I looked up to him for that. I know what it's like to feel all alone. To me he will always be a beautiful, kind and loving person.

RIP Plaidman, you will be missed.

http://quiltingmoonkin.blogspot.com/

PM me to ask about quilts.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Washin' your undies

RIP Plaidman. I wish I had gotten the chance to know you.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Cashier

RIP Plaidman, I'm sorry you felt this was the only way

Old 06-29-2011, 02:57 PM
■ˇrr mjǫlnir

Just a heads up - his family said it was OK to make donations to NFNetwrk.org in his name (Driver Liles). I posted it on my FB wall, if you're friends with me feel free to report / share / whatever.

Quote:
Quoth Greenday View Post
I think what hurts me the most is that in the past couple weeks, he seemed more...I don't know, happy? Jovial? Maybe I was just misreading things and I wish I had noticed something.
When I saw the news I thought the same exact thing.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Girl Thursday

I've been trying to figure out what to post for a while, now, but it's so very hard to gather up my thoughts and put them together into something worth committing to the ether, and both Ree and Jester have covered the gist of how this makes me feel.

It's just so terribly heartbreaking that this came to pass. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and all of those he left behind who loved him more than he ever realized.

Would someone who can be at the service take him a yellow rose for me?

^-.-^

Last edited by Andara Bledin; 06-29-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Closed Thread