Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 PM
High Priest to Grog-Boozith

Strange things, huh? Where the hell do I start?

1. I once ran for public office when I was 21. Not as a write-in, either...I was actually on the ballot.

2. I have been arrested 8 times in 5 different states. I have never been convicted of or even charged with of any misdemeanors or felonies. No, there are no typos in this statement.

3. I have exactly one food allergy: bananas. But it won't kill me or even incapacitate me if I eat bananas. It will just irritate my throat to the point of my thinking, "Man, that's irritating." It's a very, very minor allergy.

4. I have danced naked in the moonlight with a movie star and, completely unrelated, in the words of Sheryl Crow "watched the sun come up in a stranger's arms." I just find these things amusing.

5. Despite being a major partier, I do not throw up from alcohol, almost ever. (In the last 20 years, I have thrown up precisely 3 times from drinking. One was my 21st birthday, and one was the night of Hurricane Wilma, when the barometric pressure on this island was completely out of whack--the same night when I was uncharacteristically drinking cheapass margaritas.) I do have an amazing ability, however, to doze off when I get drunk--and by doze off, I mean "while standing up and still holding my beer."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
Still A Customer."

Old 07-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Sacred Dragon Knight

Quote:
Quoth Kheldarson View Post
4. For being a gamer, I completely skipped a generation of games. I never played a SNES game until this year.
Man, you missed the BEST generation! All my favorite games were on the SNES!

5 things about me...hm.

1) I'm allergic to a lot of fruits and vegetables, but usually only when they're raw. Cherries, apples, peaches, carrots, kiwi, avocado...can't eat any of them raw. Cooked, canned, or frozen, though, are a-okay. And I can't eat bananas, period, cooked or not.

2) I make jewelry for a living, and I love making it, but I hardly ever wear it. Maybe 2-3 times a year I'll put on a bracelet and a pair of earrings for a special occasion or if I'm cosplaying, but otherwise the only jewelry I wear is my wedding ring, and even then, I only wear it when we go out. Otherwise it gets caught on things if I'm working around the house.

3) I didn't get chicken pox until I was in 8th grade.

4) In 1991 when Final Fantasy IV came out, I became absolutely infatuated with Kain Highwind...and I still am to this day, 20 years later. Just ask my husband, who got to listen to me make squeely fangirl noises a couple of days ago when I found a collection of Kain fanart that I hadn't seen before.

5) Despite my username, I've never actually seen Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. I actually picked the name based on the Gargoyles character Maggie "The Cat" Reed.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:03 PM
NH2-CH2-CH2-SO3H

1) The black color from my pupils extends all the way to the bottom of my irises, making it look like my pupils "melted".

2) The only cheese I like is cheddar; the older the better.

3) I love salty foods. And I was born with only one kidney

4) Due to carbonation, I am absolutely unable to chug a whole can or bottle of beer; however I have, on a few occasions, drank 4 ounces of hard liquor in a few seconds to start things right.

5) For possibly 99% of things I do I am a lefty, but playing guitar as a righty actually feels more logical to me as I play metal music with a pick, so I prefer to have greater agility on the fretboard than the strumming.

Canadians Unite !

Old 07-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Finding the perfect evil lair

1. I am allergic to raw tomatoes.

2. I am dyslexic. Went to a special school in the 4th grade to learn to overcome it.

3. I am half Native American and Mexican. with the other half being Irish and Scottish. My brother shows the darker side and I show the very white side.

4. I am only 5 feet tall. This seems to shock people. Even close friends who seem to forget until we stand up next to each other.

5. I love my hair being played with. a fact that has been used against me. I will stop mid argument and become sedated like a cat.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Other side of the m0dem

You people and your eye freckles I never even heard of those before a couple days ago.

So about me..

1. I have been a lifelong Star Trek fan, although I don't do the conventions or anything. I love watching TOS, and have watched Enterprise from start to finish and am working on Voyager and TNG at the moment. I do own the coolest coffee cup with Captain Kirk and my absolute favorite person ever Mr. Spock on it .

2. I have a deep love of technology and electronics and have ever since I've been aware of it. Started with transistor radios in the 70s and now I'm surrounded by it and love every second of it.

3. I used to distrust sushi as a food, but over the last year I have grown to love it immensely and absolutely crave sashimi (raw fish) ...the stuff I tried so hard to avoid years ago. Who knew it was so delicious?

4. I love being alone more than anything. I like having people around sometimes but I get overloaded on it very quickly. I grew up being isolated and I guess it stuck.

5. One of my favorite foods from when I was a kid is milk toast...its sounds revolting but it's sooooooooo tasty. I haven't had it in a really long time cause it involves butter and sugar and stuff that I shouldn't be eating anymore. Sigh. So I haven't had any for several years now actually. but I miss it.

-- Big Bang Theory

Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 PM
From the ashes, born anew...

Is it even fair for me to participate in this? Gonna have to get REAL creative.

1. My eyes used to change color, until sometime at the end of high school. Sometimes they were blue, sometimes they were green, sometimes they were grey. Now they're green all the time.

2. I am deathly afraid of wasps and... Junebugs. Though I'm not fond of ANY bug landing on me (they're fine as long as they keep their distance), when there are wasps around I freeze up and get panicky. I've been stung enough times to know it doesn't even hurt that bad, and I'm not allergic. When a Junebug flies near me I will scream and run away flailing. I know they're harmless, but I hate those bastards.

3. At one time the pets I had in my bedroom in high school were 1 box turtle, 2 baby snapping turtles, 1 baby painted turtle, a fire-bellied toad, a family of gerbils, a rose-hair tarantula, and an emperor scorpion. For the record, the gerbils were not food for the tarantula. I got one, my ex then got me a female to go with it as a present, and nature did its thing. Often. Had to separate them because mommy gerbil seemed to think she was making food and not offspring.

4. The first house I ever lived in was a trailer house by the railroad tracks (we were poor). I loved waving at the guy hanging on the caboose. My first career aspiration was to grow up and ride on the caboose for a living. Then they got rid of cabooses and my dream died.

5. I shouldn't be here right now. I should have died when I rolled my car in 06 and it was crushed like a pop can. I'm 6'1" and was driving in my ex's itty bitty Geo storm. When it landed upside down and the top of the car came down directly on the top of my head after flying off the highway at 70mph, it should have turned my brain into pudding. Not only did I walk away, I only had a mild concussion and tweaked my spine a little. When my intestine ruptured in 08, I had let it go so long before finally going to the ER that I should have died from blood poisoning. The, er, stuff inside my intestine had spilled out into my abdominal cavity and bloodstream, I should have gone toxic hours before they actually got me opened up and saw the extent of what happened.

Last edited by Kara; 07-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:26 PM
From the ashes, born anew...

Quote:
Quoth monolayth View Post
5. I love my hair being played with. a fact that has been used against me.
Don't tell my enemies, but my weak spot is the back of my head. Gently touch it and I will melt instantly.

Quote:
Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
5. One of my favorite foods from when I was a kid is milk toast...its sounds revolting but it's sooooooooo tasty.
I get so many weird looks from people when I talk about how I used to do this when I was at my grandma's when I was little. She grew up in the depression and that was a very common thing back then. It was cheap, and better than nothing. She still had it for breakfast most mornings and when I was at her house I'd ask her to make me some too.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Nikon Shark

Hmmmmmm some of these might not be odd....

1) I have plane ADD, if I hear a plane I look for it, my friends are now used to me trailing off on what I was saying and looking up. I do apologize when I do it, I just can't help it, I did it way back before I got my love of flying. I am happy to say I found someone else with it so I don't feel as weird about it.

2) I'm claustrophobic and afraid of heights. I fly in small aircraft all the time and would like to be a small aircraft pilot. Apparently the heights part is normal but not being claustrophobic.

3) I feel the only proper way to eat pie is starting with the filling, then the bottom then the top. Pie any other way is wrong.

4) I like trying to get myself lost. So some days I will just take myself out to the middle of nowhere and just walk until I think I'm far enough away and then start to find my way back to the car trying not to use the random route I took in. I am able to find my way back, or to a road then back to where I parked with very little issues at all. It's frustrating to me and I don't know why.

5) I don't always like having specific meals at specific times, it bugs my Mother. I see no problem with pancakes at 7pm and steak at 6am.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Other side of the m0dem

Quote:
Quoth Kara View Post
I get so many weird looks from people when I talk about how I used to do this when I was at my grandma's when I was little. She grew up in the depression and that was a very common thing back then. It was cheap, and better than nothing. She still had it for breakfast most mornings and when I was at her house I'd ask her to make me some too.
That must be it...my mother grew up in the Depression era too and that's where I got it from. She said something about learning how to make it from her grandmother....which means it was created by someone in the 1800's at least.

-- Big Bang Theory

Old 07-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Ornery Velociraptor

Quote:
Quoth Eisa View Post
3) I have made up a melody to almost every song in the Redwall books.
Wait, that's not normal?

Quote:
Quoth firecat88 View Post
4) I own more books than I own clothing.
So do I.

All right, mine:

1) I can become so engrossed in a book that I literally cannot process anything going on around me. Twice in elementary school I missed the (very, very loud) end-of-recess bell because I was absorbed in a book.

2) I have discussion with my friends about things like the proper modern aerial platform with which to engage a dragon (some sort of helicopter, btw) and the deployment of flying carpets in WWII.

3) I play pen and paper RPGs, but have never played one without modding the rules.

4) I can almost never have fun playing a silly character in an RPG, and only have fun playing silly characters in LARPs.

5) The more I enjoy something (movie, book, etc.) the more I enjoy picking apart its flaws.