This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She just plain rocks

Alright, my boss deserves some major praise from me overall since she always goes out of her way to make sure my coworkers and myself are happy with our jobs, but tonight just drove that point all the way home for me.

I suppose some small amount of back-story is needed, though. I work tech support at a small call-center; the late shift. As such, I meet in at 3 PM and don't get home until after midnight. Tonight, I was supposed to be there with one other person, but he came down with the flu, and since no one could fill in, I was on my own. No worries there, since we hardly have any calls on the weekends anyway.

At around 9 PM, my boss calls me on my cell phone and offers to walk me out of the building since I'm the only one there. It's a secure building, but it's pretty darn big and can bring to mind a certain movie genre when completely deserted.

She makes this offer to make I'm comfortable, in spite of the facts that:
    - My shift ends at 11 PM
    - It's Sunday
    - It's her day off, so she'd have to drive around 10 miles to do this, then go straight back home

I declined, but I certainly appreciated her asking.

Although it's idly amusing that the fact that I've left the building all by my lonesome for almost two years seems to have escaped her.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Whoever said that "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Working...
X