This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I Pay Your Salary!'

Quiet for months and then I post twice in one day.

This just happened, we're all still laughing.

Fellow editor's phone rings. After being on the call for a few moments, we hear that she's doing that tone of voice. The tone that says 'I'm talking to a moron and it's very tiring'. We all started listening in, trying to figure out the problem. She saw this and put the phone on speaker. The basic jist was that this man had spotted an error in one of our local history books.

E: Editor
    C: Crazy

E: Well yes, that's unfortunate, but while we do fact check, the burden of responsibility for accuracy is on the author.
    C: But it says that X place was founded 150 years ago! I am a local historian myself and I KNOW it was around 300 years ago! Troops were raised by the 14th Regiment to fight Napoleon!
    E: Well clearly the author got that wrong. If you put your corrections in writing then we can forward them to the author...
    C: Why have you got something so basic so wrong????
    E: Well as I said it is the author's responsibility-
    C: I pay taxes you know! I pay your salary! It is terrible that something so basic-
    E: Sir, we are not a state body, we are a private publishing house, we do not get government funding.
    C: I pay taxes!
    E: As do I, and none of them go towards my salary. Please put any issues in writing and we can forward them to the author.
    C: But something so basic-
    E: Thank you for calling.

Click.

Moron.
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

Don't you just love when people point out a mistake they tend to get condescending by saying "but it's so basic"? He was just looking for attention or a pat on the back.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
      Don't you just love when people point out a mistake they tend to get condescending by saying "but it's so basic"? He was just looking for attention or a pat on the back.
      "Yes, you're very smart. Shut up."
      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Working...
      X