Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistake? Or just a big risk worth taking?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake? Or just a big risk worth taking?

Well, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I handed in my notice today, without having anything else lined up. I was generous and gave a 4 week notice, only because I have a few days that I need to have off and just wouldn't feel right starting a new job and asking for a few days off right from the start.

After some of the recent events at work, I just decided, enough was enough. I've been talking about getting out of this place for a while now, and I figured, no more talk....actions speak louder than words. So I did it.

Now to hit the papers/websites and start hunting.

I know it's a big gamble, but I'm hoping it'll be one where I'm better off.

Wish me luck.
    "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Good Luck NightWolf!!!!I will have all my finger and toes and everything crossable crossed for you
    "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

no one should have to dread going to work, no one.

looking for a new job is the right choice, now just hit the pavement HARD

blitz in the first two weeks, then if you have nothing by then, double blitz the second two

im sure youll be fine

good luck!
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sometimes it takes a while, though...I've had stretches of unemployment that lasted weeks and a couple months. )
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When ya gotta go...

If this feels like the right time for you, then it is. You may have to endure a little lean in the weeks (hopefully not months!) ahead, but, as Kiwi said, you shouldn't have to dread going to work - that's not healthy and causes more problems in the long run.

Best of luck to you, NightWolf.
          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

At least you have motivation! Gotta find a new job before $$$ runs out.
            Me, I won't put in my notice until I got something lined up. I did that and went for almost 3 months before finding a new job.

But good luck! Hopefull you will find something where you will be much happier.
            Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

good luck getting a new job, you'll get something that you deserve!
              Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement guys/gals!!

Fireworks are starting amongst management...should be interesting the next few weeks.
                "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

***UPDATE***

Well, things went crazy and meetings have been scheduled on a weekly basis. I think things are taking shape, but MOST importantly, I had an interview with a different department. So for now, I'm retracting my notice and crossing everything crossable in hopes I get this new position. No more customer service, I'd move up to MIS. w00t!

More money AND a less stressful spot.

The nice thing is if I don't get it, there is a spot opening up in the billing area right behind me, which would mean no phone calls at all! And roughly the same money. So either way I see it as a good move hanging in there.

<crosses fingers>

Comment

good luck!!! *crosses her fingers and toes for you!!*
                    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                    X