Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a good week to be one of our cats, apparently.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good week to be one of our cats, apparently.

Well, firstly, Ash is sick. We think it's some kind of stomach/intestinal infection. We ruled out parasites, which is good, so hopefully none of the other cats will get it. He's had diarrhea since Sunday and hasn't been eating much since Monday. He had a temperature on Monday when we brought him in. The vet gave him an antibiotic shot and some meds for us to give him to help with the diarrhea. He ate a little bit of food this morning but not much.

Then this morning, when we called Mint for breakfast, she was limping pretty heavily and not putting weight on her left front paw. Yes, Mint is indoor-outdoor. Yes, I realize this is not ideal; I prefer to have all indoor cats. But, Mint was a feral who adopted us about 6 months ago. She likes to come inside, but she also really likes to be outside sometimes. She will stand by the back door and rattle the vertical blinds and meow until we let her out. She was a feral for almost a year before we got her so she knows how to handle herself, plus she almost exclusively stays in our (fenced in) back yard anyway.

Anyway, I wasn't able to get her inside. Whatever happened to her must've really spooked her, because she crawled under the deck (her "safe place") instead of coming in. I saw her again a little while ago on top of the deck, but again she wouldn't come in. She's still limping too, so her paw is probably sprained or broken. I hope I can get her in this afternoon so we can take her in to be seen.

Not a good week to be one of our cats...or a kitty parent.

Awwww. Give 'em gentle hugs for me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

to you and the babies. Keep us posted on both and good luck.

Comment

poor kitties. *hugs* for you and the cats.
        Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 10-09-2011, 02:32 PM. Reason: bad spelling was bad.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Poor babies. *gives lots of cuddles and treats*

My current ball of fluff was a stray cat. He more or less adopted us and is currently lounging in my bedroom window, soaking up the sun on his ledge.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
          X