Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*I mostly get this regarding the computers in the children's area, but it could apply to the other public computers as well*

To some of our customers - When you need help with the computers, please go talk to someone at the customer service desk. I realize that it's more convenient to ask the staff member who is shelving/straightening the area, but I don't have the password to log into the public computers, I'm not all that familiar with the various programs, and I'm not sure how much assistance those of us on the "shelving staff" are allowed to provide. (going by how Administration was in the past, we were NOT allowed to help with that)

Comment

Dear Ordering Physicians:

Do us all a favor and tell your patients about tests you order. I am so sick of getting a deer in the headlights look when I explain that there is a 2-3 hour break in between injection and scan for bone scans and that yes, that stress test is going to take 3-4 hours. And I'm real sick of the patients taking it out on me, the lowly tech. I don't get paid enough.

Dear Patients:

For the love of all that is good and holy, take some responsibility for your healthcare. If your doctor orders a test, ask why. Do a little research. A quick Google search will give you a good, basic explanation on what to expect. You can also call the facility where you're having the test. We're more than happy to answer your questions. It is not an inconvenience to us.

Also, we techs cannot tell you the results of said tests. So don't ask. K?
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
        ...Also, we techs cannot tell you the results of said tests. So don't ask. K?
        Other than: "If you are asking questions, you are in the not dead yet group."
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It's my job to ask you what kind of trip you're taking and to list off amenities of the hotels and the rooms you're looking for. Don't get snippy with me, okay!

Unless you qualify for a certain discount (i.e. corporate rates, senior, etc), that's the best I can do for you with the rates on the hotel room.

If you call in past the hotel's cancellation deadline to cancel the reservation or make changes to it, my hands are tied. I'm the 800 reservations # rep, okay! I don't make the rules!

Even if you know the cancellation policies like the back of your hand, I still have to tell it to you for legal reasons and because it's also part of my job.

I can't look up hotels for you by the highway you're on and no I don't know if that hotel is next to a fucking Wal-Mart! WTF do I look like a Tom Tom ?!!

I have numbers for my sales and call handle time goals that I have to meet all the time. Don't waste my time if you're gonna waffle around on making a decision to reserve a hotel or not!

If you want me to give you rates, I need the place and dates you're looking for and for how many people. Rates differ due to the date(s) and place(s) of travel, hotel and the rooms you're looking for. I can't just pull room rates out of thin air!

Availability is limited, doesn't matter how much or what you're using (points or credit card) to reserve the room, again...availability is LIMITED!
          Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 04-20-2012, 05:04 AM.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

To our customers who check out and return large amounts of items:

- if the items belong to a different library branch, PLEASE return them to that library. Especially when your stuff isn't part of our "floating collection", meaning it will have to be sent back via delivery anyhow.

- please give staff time to check your items in. We don't have automated machines to do this, and we don't hover over the bookdrop bins waiting for someone to return things.

- do NOT drop large amounts of "donations" in the bookdrop. This just clogs the bins up, and makes extra work for staff since we can't tell they're meant to be donations.

Comment

Yea I know it sucks when Visitor parking is closed for events.

Yea I know it sucks when you have a test to take, a class to go to, or have to go to work, & you are running late.

But..no, I cannot make any exceptions. I am just a contract parking attendant working at a university. I have no authority over the client.

No, I do not know how many people will arrive for *event* when Visitor parking is closed for event(s). I have to keep those spots open.

Please do not be pushy. That gets on my nerves. I am polite and empathetic. But, the answer is no to your *special request*

I have no control over how full the other parking lots near the campus get. I am a parking attendant. What do you expect from me?

Please do not tell me you have *special arrangments* with *client employee* when you do not. I call the client to verify, & I am told no, you do not.

Comment

When I tell you to go to the cosmetics counter for a return/exchange/price adjustment/etc.:
                DO NOT get snippy with me.
                DO NOT get pissy that there isn't someone over there. I have to call a manager over there.
                DO NOT whine, bitch, or moan that you can't do your return/etc at my register. I'm not a manager and only a manager can do these types of transactions.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

We do make fun of how you place your order when you're in DT.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Do not ask me to help you with your shopping when I am shopping after I get off work with my coat on and am holding my purse.

Do not try to tell me eggs are not a dairy product. It took my boss 15 minutes to get someone to understand that eggs are a dairy product.

If you can not tell me the name of the product you are looking for I can not find it for you. Describing packaging on something you used to buy 5 years ago is not useful information.

Do not yell at me because you do not like something a pharmacist at another store did. Call and complain to their manager. I do not work in the pharmacy. I asked you if you wanted to talk to our Pharmacy Manager to see if she could help you fix the issue.

Yes you have to pay for your items. They are not suddenly going to be free because you ran out of money on your giftcard.

Men do not belong in the women's bathroom. Get out when you are told you are in the wrong place.

Learn how to turn a door handle the bathroom door do not lock randomly.

I am glad you like the customer service you receive when I am working in Cosmetics. Do not expect me to walk off the main register in the middle of a transaction to answer your questions. I can page another person to help you or you can wait a few minutes for me to call someone to cover the main register. This is a regular customer you know that I am only in Cosmetics on certain days.

Comment

retailworker, if I was on register on a given day I get SCs recognizing me off the clock all the time While there is a timeclock in the grocery back room, the rear driveway is not well lit and usually full of trucks at night so employees are instructed not to exit the building that way unless there's a fire.

If the register throws a hissyfit about Item X not being eligible for a coupon/promotion/WIC, then it's not eligible. I cannot force the system to take it. Yes, a manager could, but the store would then get in trouble. I like SM too much to insist that another manager do something he could get in deep trouble for.

We don't carry strictly-kosher milk. Cheese, yes, but not milk. There are three dedicated kosher markets a few blocks down.

Just because I'm exiting the meat department backroom doesn't mean I can operate the slicer. Ranting at the guy in the bloody labcoat with the fish knife to "make her help me" will get you nowhere and could be seen as ill-advised.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth retailworker7 View Post
                        Do not try to tell me eggs are not a dairy product. It took my boss 15 minutes to get someone to understand that eggs are a dairy product.
                        Well, technically speaking, they are not a dairy product, as eggs come from birds and milk comes from mammals. I do understand that the dairy department generally handles both, if that's what you are referring to, but the customer was probably thinking cow vs chicken.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          Well, technically speaking, they are not a dairy product, as eggs come from birds and milk comes from mammals. I do understand that the dairy department generally handles both, if that's what you are referring to, but the customer was probably thinking cow vs chicken.
                          I was referring to a specific type of card this customer has that has money on it that can be used to pay for items. There are certain items that are excluded from being paid for with this card. In our store eggs are considered dairy and this customer has been told what he can not use the card for more than once. He chooses not to listen.

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                          When I tell you to go to the cosmetics counter for a return/exchange/price adjustment/etc.:
                          DO NOT get snippy with me.
                          DO NOT get pissy that there isn't someone over there. I have to call a manager over there.
                          DO NOT whine, bitch, or moan that you can't do your return/etc at my register. I'm not a manager and only a manager can do these types of transactions.
                          I know exactly what you mean. At my store returns are handled in photo by a manager and customers are directed to that area. At least once a week some idiot gives me a hard time and wants me to do their refund in cosmetics after they were already told by the main register cashier that the manager will meet them at the photo counter.
                          Last edited by Peppergirl; 04-22-2012, 12:59 PM. Reason: merged

Comment

If you are a regular customer at this pawn shop, you KNOW you need your pawn slip or ID for us to give you any info. It's for the sake of confidentiality, your safety and ours. Please do not disrespect us or yourself with the language we are subjected to far too often here. We're people, and we treat you with respect. All we ask is a little in return. Hell, I'd even settle for indifference.

That being said, it's been one of those days.

Comment

Phone rules:
                              - DO NOT call me when you are in the bathroom. Do I really have to tell you why? JUST. DON'T.
                              - Do not call me with food in your mouth. I don't care to hear you chewing, swallowing and gulping. It's disgusting. That goes for gum-popping, too. What are you, five?
                              - DO NOT call me while you are driving! It's not that important! I don't want to be the first ad-taker whose customer gets into an accident while I'm taking your ad. It's also illegal in this state, you moron. Pull over already.
                              - Do not start out the call by screaming and cursing. I'm going to hang up. Doubt me? Try it.
                              - Don't start out the call by telling me how long you were on hold. I work all day on this phone. That's 7.5 hours listening to adults whine like babies about having to wait. Your 15 minutes on hold doesn't compare.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

From the bar:

Place your entire order at once. Of I can plan my work, everything will be a lot quicker.

Relating to the above, there's a special hell for people who say "Oh, and a stout too!" when I have made the rest of your order.

I am sober, and you are drunk, hence, my judgement is better than yours.

Clapping, whistling, fingersnapping, shouting, and in any other way trying to get the bartender's attention before it's your turn is the equivalent of attempting to push your way past a queue. The only time this is acceptable is when you are alone at the bar, and the bartender is reading or daydreaming.

If you are in a group, make sure you have decided what to drink and who pays for what before you get the bartender's attention.

Shouting and waving money around gets you attention and service. From strippers. Not bartenders. Although it is nice to see that you can afford to pay for your drinks.

Bartenders will gladly chat for a bit if they have the time, but thirsty and paying customers are more important than small talk.

Do not try poke or grab the bartender to get his/her attention. You get thrown out of strip clubs for touching the staff, why shouldn't the same apply to bars?

If I say you've had enough, you've had enough. The "I'll tell you when I've had enough"-routine only works in films. In real life it will most likely get you thrown out.

Relating to the above: If you quietly accept that you're not getting served more alcohol for the time being and stick to soda for an hour or so, I may consider you sober enough for another drink afterwards. Bitching about it will put you on the water list for the rest of the evening.

I have been trained in all the particulars of local licensing laws, and know them better than you.

Asking for free drinks will never get you free drinks. Ever.

If it comes to blows, the bouncer is always going to be on my side.
                                The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

Working...
                                X