This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Very Not Happy....Actually Friggen Pissed

Long story short, I hung out with this guy a few times because I thought he seemed nice and new friends are always nice. He turned out to be an asshole why wanted to get me naked....fun. I told him I dont want to be around people who dont respect me and that I don't want to hang out with him anymore. He stopped talking to me....for 2 hours. Then he started texting again saying he just wants to be friends and he's sorry yada yada yada. Soon, he askes me over again. I say no, he flips out cussing at me and trying to make me feel like shit. I yelled back until he said "don't talk to me anymore". Ok, cool fine by me.

He texted back a few more hours later saying he loves me and he's sorry he's in a bad mood and he was hurt that I won't spend time with him because he loves me so much yada yada yada. Ok dude, I hardly know you so I doubt you "love" me. He soon started cussing and spewing insults again and it ended with "I don't wanna talk anymore".

This song and dance repeated about 6 times and finally ended with him saying, "I don't know why you take sick pleasure in pissing me off but you did a good job; I had better not hear from you for at least 3 days and after that I will talk to you again if you're lucky". I decided that wasn't working and moved to Plan B and ignored him. This isn't working. I got a shitload of texts in the morning along with call after call after call. Today, more calls, texts and a nasty message telling me to "pick up your fucking phone"!

Moving to Plan C, I called AT&T customer service to have his number blocked. Little did I know, the only way to block him is to add a secutiry feature to my plan for an extra $5 a month!!!!! So basicaly, I either have to deal with him blowing up my phone, spewing abuse until he gives up or cough up $60 a year to block the ass. Fun... Just what I need right now. Stress
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

I have never had to block anyone like that before, but can't you report him to the cops for harassment? It might be worth looking into your local laws, or calling the (non-emergency) police number to find out.

What a creep. Glad you're taking steps to get away from him. Stay safe and keep us updated.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
      I have never had to block anyone like that before, but can't you report him to the cops for harassment? It might be worth looking into your local laws, or calling the (non-emergency) police number to find out.

What a creep. Glad you're taking steps to get away from him. Stay safe and keep us updated.
      It's kinda complicated... He's my best friend's cousin who just recently got out of jail for sexual assault. Everyone said he was innocent and he seemed nice so I started talking to him because he has no friends and he can't leave the house. Now my friend and many others hate him and no longer think he is as innocent as he claimed to be. I'm iffy about reporting him because, if I do, he will go straight back to jail and I'm not sure if my friend would be ok with that.

Comment

"You're an asshole, fuck off before i get someone to beat you to the ground"

I'd say that, plus you've already got a volounteer for this (aka me )
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
          . I'm iffy about reporting him because, if I do, he will go straight back to jail and I'm not sure if my friend would be ok with that.
          Are you okay with being harrassed? Or possibly worse? Zero to bat-shit crazy in no time flat... won't take no for an answer... this guy bad news all around IMHO, and needs to be shut down before things escalate........
          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Yeah, best to try and cut him off at the pass, just because "everyone" thinks that he's innocent, there had to have been something about it that put him in jail, best to distance yourself from him really, while without the assholeish behaviour, I'd have given him the benefit of the doubt, it's the behaviour that tips t for me.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. Let him know that if he doesn't leave you alone that you will report him to the cops. You need to worry about your safety.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                I'm iffy about reporting him because, if I do, he will go straight back to jail and I'm not sure if my friend would be ok with that.
                Maybe creepy stalker dude should have thought about that before acting like a creepy stalker. And if your friend gets mad, tell him as much. "Man, it sucks for him that he was acting like an idiot and broke the law and the terms of his probation. Maybe he won't be such a creepy stalker dude when he gets out again."

OTHER PEOPLE'S ACTIONS ARE NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. This is an important thing to keep in mind.

Comment

Thanks to you all, I have a plan thought up. I'm giving this until Friday. If he's still doing this shit, I'll send him one single text telling him I don't want him talking to me and if he continues harassing me, I will call the cops on him. If my friend gets mad, I'll say, "hey, I warned him; There was nothing else I could think to do, he blew off my warning and I followed through; I'm know he's your cousin and I'm sorry, but I can't deal with this sort of emotional abuse daily".

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                    It's kinda complicated... He's my best friend's cousin who just recently got out of jail for sexual assault. Everyone said he was innocent and he seemed nice so I started talking to him because he has no friends and he can't leave the house. Now my friend and many others hate him and no longer think he is as innocent as he claimed to be. I'm iffy about reporting him because, if I do, he will go straight back to jail and I'm not sure if my friend would be ok with that.
                    Report him. It's not a parole violation yet, but from his escalating reactions you need to make sure that it's out there. How much will it cost to change your number?

Comment

Good plan, Kisa.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                        I'm iffy about reporting him because, if I do, he will go straight back to jail...
                        Oh please, play him the world's smallest violin.
                        He chose to harass you, he can bloody well live with the consequences.

...and I'm not sure if my friend would be ok with that.
                        If he sees the texts you're getting and still gets mad at you, then he is no friend.
                        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Just got a text reading, "I want you to come over friday or saturday; thats 3 days notice for you so do that; we'll talk and straighten shit out". A part of me wants to text back and say I dont want to see him ever but another part is sighing deeply because he's still acting like a spoiled little brat who can get whatever he wants.

"Are you free Friday?" = good; Asking someone if they want to do something and making sure it won't be inconveniant for them.
                          "I want you to come over...do that"= bad; Stating you want that person to do something without caring what they think and then telling them what to do.
                          Last edited by Kisa; 11-23-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Kisa, I've had to report someone for telephone harassment and he won't get sent back to jail right away. What will happen is that you have to tell the guy you no longer want contact with him and save that text message. You will have to show the police that you told the guy that and that he continued to contact you further than saying "ok". They will call him and tell him not to contact you, but will not charge him. If he continues to contact you after the police have been contacted then you will have to report this to them and then they will charge him with harassment. Then when he goes to court for this the judge might also find him in violation of his parole/probation and either send him back to jail, assess him an additional fine, or extend his parole/probation.

You also might be able to find a way around the fee with AT&T. I know with Verizon when I went about blocking the number they said I had to pay a similar fee, but when I went online and logged into my account I found a place (after a lot of searching) where I could block up to 10 numbers for free for 3 months at a time.

Comment

Most important thing is to STICK BY YOUR DECISION. Don't let him push you around, don't let him guilt trip you, all he has been doing up until this point is playing mind games with you and you deserve FAR better than that.

I'd say do what notlovinit suggested, make one txt warning him that you want no further contact with him, keep the text, if he continues pestering you then follow up with the cops on grounds of harassment.

Also with regards to the $5 cost, depending on your budget it may be in your interests to invest in it even temporarily, if he circumvents it by phoning you on another number you can potentially get him in a LOT of trouble AFAIK
                              Violets are blue,
                              Roses are red,
                              I bequeath to thee...
                              A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
                              X