This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My nostalgia moment

I'm sure everyone has a movie or song or tv show that they loved growing up.
    Mine is Lion King. I haven't seen it for years. And all the sites that stream videos either don't have it (Netflix) or require you buy it (amazon prime ?). So when I saw that my store had a few copies I got it.
    Tonight I will be spending watching my favorite Disney movie. :P
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

The Lion King. Released in 1994.

Enjoyed by Dragon Wings while she was growing up. Enjoyed by me while I was working on my college degree.

And that's another entry for "When Random Comments Make You Feel Old", thank you for playing!

Comment

Hehe. If it came out in '94 then I was 7. *grins big then hides from Peds*

Comment

/me shakes his cane at dragon_wings while screaming at her to get off his lawn.

Comment

Love love love Lion King.

Came out during a very tough time in my life. Helped me to learn that bad people get thiers in the end and I need to keep on being good.

I have the soundtrack, the swahili soundtrack and saw the broadway musical. Still get goosebumps during Circle of Life.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I had one of those nostalgia moments myself on Thanksgiving. XD After seeing the rather-terrible preview of the Broadway version of Newsies during the Macy's Parade, I decided to watch the movie. Before that, I hadn't watched the movie in years. I can still quote the entire movie word for word and still know all the songs. XD
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

*joins Peds in the cane shaking* I graduated from high school in 1994

I love Lion King. The hubby and I had a hard time not signing out aloud when we went and saw it in the theater this year (the re release)
              Last edited by Elspeth; 12-03-2011, 04:21 AM.
              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth
                I love Lion King. The hubby and I had a hard time not signing out aloud when we went and saw it in the theater this year (the re release)
                So jealous! I saw advertisements for it and wanted to go but didn't get the chance.

And yeah, I'm with you Kanalah, Circle of Life is awe inspiring.

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                  /me shakes his cane at dragon_wings while screaming at her to get off his lawn.
                  I believe I was 6 in 1994.

Hmm. I always loved Beauty and the Beast, and The Aristocats. The Lion King was good, but too sad! Although Scar doing "Be Prepared" is delightfully evil.
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I remember when "The Lion King" came out on video.

I was working at one of the local video stores and had to piece together the giant cardboard advertisement display for it.

I was 25.

*sits on the porch next to Pedersen in a spare rocking chair*
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I just finished watching it (had to pause it to talk to my bf and to a friend) and its just as awesome as I remember. <3 <3 <3
                      I totally sang along with all the songs too. :P

Comment

I graduated in 1991. Now I'm old.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I saw the Blu-ray version of 2001: A Space Oddessy for sale at my local Hell-Mart.

popped that in my player and drifted back to when I saw it at the theater in the 1960's.

NOW get off MY lawn!!!!!!
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man
                            I saw the Blu-ray version of 2001: A Space Oddessy for sale at my local Hell-Mart.

popped that in my player and drifted back to when I saw it at the theater in the 1960's.

NOW get off MY lawn!!!!!!
                            I saw that movie in English class, maybe, sophomore years. Idk. Definitely one of those classics I need to watch (or rewatch).

Comment

I was watching Lion King with my 4 year old daughter... so there

I will admit to being dragged out of bed when I was 5 years old to watch the live pics from Apollo 11!

Now, where did I put my zimmer frame?
                              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Working...
                              X