This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression and thanks

i have been thinking about this a lot lately. There are more people now letting us know when they feel depressed and in despair. We are able to do more to help those we love and care about here in our corner of the world. As hard as it is, this is part of Plaidman's legacy to us. Through past events, because of him, we have learned that it is ok to share exactly how we are feeling and be more open to each other so that we are not lost. It's hard to think that way, but this is part of what he has left us. Thank you Plaid.

I think it's wonderful that people are talking about it. I've been considering putting up a sticky thread with types of depression, how to help people who are depressed, what medical treatments are available and how they work, and so forth.

That would be a supplement, of course, to people telling us when they're feeling depressed and need support.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
    X