This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Tech Shootings -- prayers for them

Been watching the FB posts and Twitter about it....had to call up my mother and my friends and make sure they're all okay.

About 45 minutes ago, an officer made a routine traffic stop on campus, the guy pulled a gun and killed him, then took off through the parking garage. He shot another student on the way, and was last spotted heading towards the gym.

Doing a lot of pacing and praying right now. I hope they get that guy, and I wish very very violent things on him.

Edit: They're now reporting that the student died from his injuries. Goddangit.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Will be praying! *sends good thoughts too*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

We have now heard from both of the kids that my girls know. They are both safe in their dorms. Keep the students and their parents in your thoughts and prayers

Comment

It looks like the sleezball, who did this, is dead. My thoughts go out to his victims, and their families.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/virginia-tech
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
          It looks like the sleezball, who did this, is dead. My thoughts go out to his victims, and their families.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/virginia-tech
          I had heard that it was the second person dead but the person who said so wouldn't give me an sources.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Oh no!

Please can this stuff STOP?
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

No kidding, right?

Second heart attack this year, for the love of refried objects. We had an alert go off just a few months ago where some kids spotted a guy in a hoodie hiding a gun, and going behind one of the halls. (Wasn't a false alarm, either)

Its really just about ridiculous at this point.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Wait, VA Tech, AGAIN? Seriously?

For the love of all that is holy, why can't these malcontents make their first bullet their last bullet, and put it in their own fucking skulls? Why must they insist on bringing down a few random innocent strangers, just because THEY'RE miserable little fuckers and sick of this world?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Wait, VA Tech, AGAIN? Seriously?

For the love of all that is holy, why can't these malcontents make their first bullet their last bullet, and put it in their own fucking skulls? Why must they insist on bringing down a few random innocent strangers, just because THEY'RE miserable little fuckers and sick of this world?

Yeah, this.
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I asked myself the same question after the tragedy at Dunblane

Every time I hear of something like this, I pray it's the last time, but it never is.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

...why's there gotta be a first time? I don't like this. How do people figure this crap is okay?
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I have a feeling this will not make VA Tech's enrollment rates go up.

Geez, I remember when I was still in college, I think classes for the day were canceled when news of the original VA Tech shootings spread around. My school is in Pennsylvania - what we had to do with Virginia is beyond me. I guess everyone was being paranoid that if there's a shooter at one school, there might be one at another school that follows the first one's example.

And of course the person who shoots up the school ends up dying and thus unable to be brought to justice like the scum they are.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
                          I have a feeling this will not make VA Tech's enrollment rates go up.
                          The freshman class that entered after the big shooting was the biggest one in VT's history (at that time, not sure about more recent classes). My sister was very happy that she was off campus, as on campus housing was stretched to the max.

Comment

Working...
                          X