This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL

so they are filming a movie right around the corner from my store.
    still havent seen anyone famous...

Even if you don't see anyone famous, it's still pretty neat to see a movie being made. Imagine watching a movie sometime in the near future, pointing to the screen and saying, "Hey, I work there!"
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

well they arent filming my store lol. they took over an old friendly's restaurant. ive seen some of the police cars and news vans they are using. i missed the swat team haha. i was told production assistants have been in the store, but thats about it

heres a link
      http://www.courant.com/community/wes...,7327196.story

Comment

Oh, cool! There was a Johnny Depp film a few years ago shot about 20 minutes south of me. I used to live one street over from where they filmed. I forget the title now. I guess the downtown area had the right look for the decade they wanted.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My Uncle was an extra in Patch Adams. He was one of the doctors that got off the bus and walked up to the door that was flanked by a pair of legs. He said it took three days to shoot.

Comment

When I was in high school a bunch of us were extras in The Natural. Pretty cool.

And they were filming The Avengers near my wife's office this summer.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

they havent blocked the road off the past couple days so i think they are done outside. ive been seeing them do something weird and blocking the "diner" inside. i might just go see the movie when it comes out and so i can say...hey! i know that place haha. in 2013

Comment

The Informant was shot mostly in my home town and I recognized the Chinese Restaurant. Back in my teens I had the staff there (and a date or two) conviced that I could actually read Cantonese--they had the daily specials on a chalk board with the price. The price was all I could read and if I had enough cash for that I would tell the server that the special sounded good.
                Also back in the '90's I worked as an extra on several movies. I had the most screen time as a reporter in The Fugative...come to think of it I'm the only reporter in that movie who was not one in real life.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Part of the movie Miracle (with Kurt Russell) was filmed in my hometown. It was interesting to watch the week of prep work, to make the town resemble Lake Placid in 1980, the week of filming (Even with the bright scene lights for a couple night scenes being filmed completely overpowering the blinds in the house), and then the week of take down and cleanup (even with some of the cleanup not being done. I can still see an ad for a type of soap on the side of one building from my living room.)

I'd need to rewatch Miracle to pick out the scenes done locally, but the ones that I can still remember are the big room for the olympic registrations is actually the local court house. And an outdoor nighttime skating scene that was filmed in a small square where the town christmas tree usually stands.

Comment

Working...
                  X