This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the server at the university

Caused problems with the exit gate, the entrance gate, & the gate that university employees get to before entering the 2nd level of the faculty/staff parking garage. The first level of the faculty/staff garage is currently being used for visitor parking until the rennovation inside the existing visitor parking garage is completed.

People involved in this post:
    Andrea *not her real name*: Director of Parking & Transportation
    Nancy *not her real name*: Parking office clerk

So I get a phone call from Andrea stating that I have to go into the garage & 1) let people into the garage, 2) let people out of the garage, & 3) raise the gate at the gate to the 2nd level for university employees to park there. I also had to watch the visitor parking booth for any visitor arriving to park.

There was an event on the outlook calendar sponsored by the President's office. The guests arrived while I was inside the garage. One guest was not too happy that there was no-one inside the visitor parking booth when he arrived.

Then while I was assisting another customer at the booth window who was asking me questions, the phone inside the booth rang. There was a customer at the exit gate who could not exit. I answered the phone, & Nancy told me there was a customer at the exit gate who needed out. I let her know that there was a customer at the window asking me questions, but I would assist that customer. She was not happy that I was not literally outside helping the customer at the exit gate when she called.

When I left this afternoon, I saw her standing inside Visitor parking.

From what I recall of your previous posts these women are crazy!

Either hire more staff, or don't expect people to be in two places at the same time! /shakes head.
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
    X