This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day all around today.

I am having a horrible day. It ought to be a great day, but it's not.

I have some random person I've never met jumping down my throat about my being rude to my fans. I don't know why he seems to think he (or she) is such a great fan since I can't recall him (or her) ever even commenting on my stuff. (And I may have been rude, but it's my frigging livejournal, for heaven's sake, if I can't say what I want to on livejournal, where the hell can I? And what I actually said was a lot politer than my first draft, lemme tell you.)

I wanted to go out to dinner but my husband has a new game and he doesn't want to go, so we ended up just staying in and having leftovers. I am so sick of lasagne right now. Bleah.

And then there's the plush auction. *sigh* I am NEVER, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever doing anything like that again. Because after weeks of work, and weeks more of promotion and publicity and effort, after posting it every single place on the internet I could find to post it, even including here, after far, far, far more effort than I normally put into this kind of thing and after having everybody and their frigging DOG tell me it was going to make me a bundle, it sold for *exactly* what I charge for that sort of plush normally.

So not worth it.

And of course my venting my frustration about that is what got the drama dumped on my head. :P I guess I should know better than to express feelings in public. I probably shouldn't post this here either. I may regret it and delete it later.

So yeah. Not having a great day. The only good thing that happened was getting my first ever check for my writing from an e-book publisher that picked up a few of my stories, but the only reason that wasn't a huge let-down is that I was actually expecting to make about $0 from that, since they were a startup, and startups don't usually do spectacularly. But anyhow, that was a whopping twenty bucks, so it wasn't much of a high point.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Sorry to hear about your day, Spark. No judgment here, just and cookies. I hate it when you vent online and people get on your case...like they don't bitch about their own "problems" all the time too.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Why are people so intent on arguing with or devaluing others' feelings?? I hate that.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, I saw that on the auction. I felt horrible when I saw that. <comforts>

And as for that fan? <cracks knuckles> They're obviously just a miserable pile of misery that gets their kicks from bashing on others. Just ignore them, don't feed the troll. Give them one last hoo-rah and scorch, and then pop them on ignore and block 'em. Makes you feel better about telling them off, and doesn't feed the troll anymore....

Yes I realize thats not the most diplomatic route. >_> But its fun.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I wanted to bid Spark...I just have no funds.

I'm sorry you feel hurt. I won't look at your page anymore...at least not till I have funds to actaully buy something.
          Last edited by Aethian; 12-15-2011, 01:27 AM.

Comment

I know how you feel Spark.

I have friends that tell me before shows that I should do great, and if people knew how much work went into a quilt I would clear my booth in minutes.

And then I get all excited, and then I don't sell a damn thing because people want me to price match Wal-Mart.

But to complain when someone's venting? That's just bad form there. They're just looking to stir shit up because they know you're already in a bad mood.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Heck, I can guess how much work goes into a quilt. That's one of the reasons I don't buy much handmade stuff; and why I don't complain about the prices.

In this world we have now, handmade stuff is a luxury. My income is a pension: it doesn't allow for that sort of luxury. C'est la vie. (rough translation: that's life.)
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I woke up this morning from one of those horrible dreams where you can't do anything right and you're trying desperately but it just keeps getting worse and worse, to find that I've gotten my first down-vote on the fic I was so proud of having a perfect score on. *sigh* Today is going to be another great one, I can tell. </sarcasm>
                The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Hey, at least you have fans.
                  :-)

Comment

Yeah, I know I'm whining about nothing. But that's the way depression goes, stupid things get you down for no good reason. :P

Comment

You know what? I hereby declare today

SPARK AND KANALAH DAY!!!

Screw the negative idiots out there...WE LIKE YOU!!! AND WE KNOW YOU'RE BOTH TALENTED AND AWESOME-COOL PEOPLE!

Pass the cookies and booze!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Happy Spark and Kanalah day

Comment

Woo-hoo! Can we extend it to Thursday since some of us came in on this late?
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

He he he. You guys are awesome. *noms a cookie*

Comment

*throws confetti*
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                              X