X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Totally Fakin It

I mean, why wouldn't I?

I've felt like crap for nearly a week. Probably just a bug going around. I've had on and off tummy aches and some bouts of nausea that don't really lead to anything other than just laying flat on the couch until it goes away. I've been slow going, but alright.

Nevertheless, I went to work anyway. I'm not going to call in sick unless I've been throwing up or pooping out of control. I don't have the PTO or the budget to afford a mental health day call in.

I've been accused, thrice this week, of faking being sick, just to get out of doing something with people.

I told my bf I didn't feel like spending a few hours after work with him Wednesday because I felt a little crappy still. I think he thought I was faking, I kept getting the feeling of the tone of his texts that he thought I was just trying to get out of seeing him. Because, you know, since I went to work, I must be alright.

I usually do Team Trivia every other Thursday (paydays), but this past Thursday, I was exhausted and still quite upset over work, so after I went grocery shopping, I felt awful. I'd told my coworkers I usually go with that I wouldn't go. They were trying to pressure me by saying "Just throw your hair up and come in your sweats, no one will care." They even said who cares about sleep, blah blah blah. No. I feel sick. It didn't help that Friday, I started my holiday shopping (because I'd be with my brother Saturday I couldn't get his in front of him) and my coworker saw me at the mall and in my gym clothes. So, since I'd went to the gym, that meant I was doing fine and was faking on Thursday.

Then, my bf made a snippy comment after he didn't like the fact that I was looking at guns at the sporting goods store (NO gun arguments here please), which led to a "By the way, hope you feel better with all the shopping you've been doing!"

I. Planned. This. Big. Shopping. Trip. With. My. Brother back in October or early last month. This was my extra paycheck to shop with. Only non-stop puking or pooping or a fever was going to stop me from doing this. So, because we went out to eat and we shopped for a few hours and we saw a movie together, I'd been faking all week.

And don't get me started on the comments of "If you're sick, why are you eating so much?" I haven't been eating as much as I think I normally do, but I still get hungry and I'm not going to STARVE myself just because I may not feel well later. I have to eat, dumbasses.

Good to know no one believes me when I say I'm sick. Fuck em all.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Geez. Those people can go shove it. There are things you really have to do when you're sick whether you like it or not, and you know your own limits. Work is certainly one of the things most people have to do...and I bet the same people who bitched about you going shopping would also bitch if you didn't give them a Christmas present.

"I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

No kidding.

These are also people who call in sick over a snowflake, temps below 0, or just because they are "too tired" because they stayed up too long playing video games and wouldn't try to get to bed at a reasonable time, or they just don't feel like going to work that day.

I find it funny that days later, when presumably, a person is getting better, which I have been, it's assumed I was faking in the days before. I didn't go to the gym Monday-Wednesday, I didn't go out and about anything more than what I had to up until Friday, which was my only other chance to do my brother's shopping before Christmas.

Not like I need to explain myself, but meh. Some people just need a person to grumble at, apparently.

Comment

"You said you were sick a few days ago."
        "Yea...?"
        "So why are you up and about now?"
        "Because that was a few days ago?"

sounds about right to me.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

The more you say about your boyfriend, the more I find him to be an utter tool. Of all people who should be taking your side in this, and worrying about you when you're sick, he should be the first in line.

If anyone's faking anything, it's him faking being a "boyfriend." Nauseating.

*I* hope you feel better, and I hope the people giving you this "faking it" nonsense get whatever's ailing you and it shuts them the fuck up.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I ditto Jester.

Comment

Throw up on their shoes...that'll fix em & show u really aren't faking it...lol.

Comment

Jester's got a point. And the rest of those people aren't helping either. Probably the same ones that go to bed for three days after getting their teeth cleaned.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Isn't it kinda mean to wish others would get sick? Meh....who cares.

At least my family believed me. And didn't blame me for still going out and doing my routine, because it wasn't a crippling or dangerous illness, and I had to do what I had to do.

Comment

heh, try having severe cluster migraines 24/7 (and no painkillers), sad thing is a migraine can't be seen so I always got the "you're faking it" deal myself. And I'm one of those folks who doesn't call out for every little sniffle ya know?

Hope you're feeling better now Blas *hugs*
                    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I don't get why people only see "sick" as being at home in your pjs wrapped in a blankee (oh, I wish!).

No, I don't "look" sick. It's called a shower and a lot of makeup so you can't see how awful my coloring is right now.

Of course I don't appear sick because I'm not holding my stomach or ass in fear I will puke or poop. Good God.

I can be suffering a bad digestive day and look like nothing is wrong. I've had full on colds and the only sign I was sick was a little red crusty spot on my nose from blowing it.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Isn't it kinda mean to wish others would get sick?
                        It's also mean to accuse someone who's sick and feeling like shit of faking it.

And I never claimed to be a saint, darlin'.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Me either.

I try to pretend like I am, but those damn horns keep poking out.

Comment

I'm a perfect, sweet, little angel. No, really.

I hate people who accuse you of faking. Like if you aren't collapsed on your death bed, you MUST be faking.
                            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Well, I had no makeup on on Friday when I saw my coworker. Because, well, I hadn't worn any all day, and it's silly to wear makeup to the gym. I'm sure I looked just fabulous all naturel

Comment

Working...
                              X