This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cats acted like kittens

Decided to wrap my gifts tonight (I usually wait til the 24th, but wanted to get a start)

Since I did all my shopping online, I had quite a few Amazon boxes lying around.

Both cats were having fun hoping in the boxes, but the best was seeing Morgan charging Riley to get him out of one of the boxes. Normally, she is a wimp who lets Riley torment her....but to see her take a stand was great. Not sure if she was actually playing, but it was fun to watch.

Empty boxes=best kitteh present.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Love when they get in there and then look around all proud of themselves. A box in our living room ended up with every single cat (my 2 and my roommate's 3) taking a turn multiple times. The looks of outrage when we took it away were priceless!

Comment

I had to throw the giant box I had recently (Ri was sick in it ) Morgan was rather dismayed...it was her cave.
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

This is why I hardly buy cat toys.

Get me a box and a shoelace and I've got the cat toys he'll actually play with.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I think as a former regular posted here: $125 cat tree < box.

We had a filing box which we left out for the cat to hop in and out of. What we didn't actually expect was the cat to CHEW on the box. He'd basically chomp on a piece of the box, spit it out and then repeat. He wasn't able to chew on corners of the box, so by the time he'd finished, there were just these four corner pieces and the bottom of the box.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

If you've got a nice sized stretch of some smooth flooring (wood, tile, linoleum, etc) then a milk jug cap is a WONDERFUL present for playful kitties. Almost as good as a box.
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
              If you've got a nice sized stretch of some smooth flooring (wood, tile, linoleum, etc) then a milk jug cap is a WONDERFUL present for playful kitties. Almost as good as a box.
              Mine always preferred the little plastic safety ring, but same concept, yeah.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                My grandma's cat (huge freaking British Shorthair named Muffin, who lives UP to his name) LOVES those. He also loves feet for some reason
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  Baxter, my Maine Coon, looooooves to play with those things! He'll spend hours batting them around the kitchen. Once they end up downstairs, he loses interest. I guess he can't pick them up with his teeth. Another favorite kitty toy, are balls of foil. Again, he'll bat them around for hours.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Ponytail holders.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

OMG - yes to the ponytail holders. It's not uncommon for me to find 4-5 in the bed after Pyewacket has been playing. He also loves military blousing straps - I don't have them anymore, but he has discovered my roommate's.

Comment

Twist ties off packaging seems to be Loki's most favorite toy ever, or anything made of crafting felt. He found one of my old Christmas stocking and has been dragging it everywhere in the house behind him.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          Ponytail holders.
                          This. I can't keep track of the things anymore; Taz LOVES them. She'll get on the furniture no matter how high to get at them.

Taz's favorite toys:

Scrunchies
                          Soda bottle tops
                          The cap off my binoculars
                          The plastic pull from a milk jug cap (I have to grab those; she chews them)
                          Paperclips (ditto)
                          balled up paper
                          Boxes of all shapes and sizes

Basically, if it will slide quickly along the wood floors in my main hall or in the kitchen OR if it is colorful, she'll steal it for a toy.

Oh, did I forget to mention . . . my glasses?

I can't keep them on the nightstand at night anymore. I have to put them on the chest of drawers, out of her reach or she steals them and hides them.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            Ponytail holders.
                            Yes! Our longhair calico does this if mine fall to the floor. They must be vanquished immediately. I've let her play with a few that have stretched out beyond any usability to me.

I need to post the photo of the toy on a stick we got her before thanksgiving. The thing has been halfway destroyed in just under a month.
                            Random conversation:
                            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Oh yes, Morgan LOVES the rings off milk jugs and pony tail holders.

Actually, with any elastics, she'll bite on them, and stretch them out to flick them. She's an odd one.

Riley likes wadded up paper, sometimes he'll fetch.

Comment

Working...
                              X