X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I want for Christmas is...

My HEALTH!!!

For the 12th year in a row (yes, I've counted!) I'm sick over the holidays. Gorram ninja head cold turned into chest cold. Started Wednesday with a tickle in the throat and some postnasal drip. I took a sudafed, drank some tea, and went to bed early, only to wake up on Thursday with clogged ears, clogged nose, runny nose, and drek moving down into my chest. >.<

Yesterday wasn't much better, it's all settled in and is sitting in my chest. If I can just get this phlegm out I'll be doing a lot better, since it feels like someone has placed an anvil in my chest, and is making it harder to breathe.

Extra happy bonus points, in trying to find a position to sleep comfortably while being able to breathe, I managed to sleep wrong on my neck the last two nights. Ow...

I'm a little sulky. This is the first year I don't get home to see my family, and it's my first Christmas with the boyfriend, and I wanted to at least be healthy. I'm unemployed, can't afford presents for anyone, and can't go home, and now I can't even be healthy.

We're supposed to go to a gathering at a friend's house tonight, and I'm too sick to go. Gonna send the boyfriend, probably, since he's got a titanium immune system. Seriously, he got a little sniffly on Wednesday, felt bad on Thursday, and then was back to about 90% well on Friday. Lucky bastard. >.<

Meh, more tea, I guess, then a hot shower to try and clear out the last of this wretched mucus. Thanks for listening to me whine.

Have a wonderful holiday y'all!

Dip into his stash of mead, and you probably won't care you're sick.

Seriously, I hope you get better soon, Lupo.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

<comforts> Poor lupo, hope you get better soon hun. :<
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

So sorry you're not feeling well! It sucks to be sick at the holidays! Here, have some homemade peppermint bark. Maybe it will clear your sinuses...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            So sorry you're not feeling well! It sucks to be sick at the holidays! Here, have some homemade peppermint bark. Maybe it will clear your sinuses...
            Nah, if you really want to clear those sinuses, get some wasabi peas. Guaranteed to clear you up right away...and clear out the phlegm too.

In all seriousness, I feel for you Lupo. Been there, done that, probably still have some empty antibiotic prescription bottles floating around to prove it. I've been lucky so far this year. The most I've gotten is DaDairyDruid's "cold". He gets the sniffles and that's it. I get it and I'm down for the count.
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

My personal favorite thing is to mix Dayquil or Nyquil (whichever applies), or whatever OTC cold med syrup you need in a blender with ice and orange or grape soda. Or orange juice/apple juice, whatever suits your fancy. Make enough to save and have some more later.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
              X