This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a tattoo book?

Bear with me - I'm having a tremendous brain fart and I cannot for the life of me remember a book I saw at Barnes & Noble that I now wish I had bought.

Don't remember the author or the publication date, but I do remember the cover was solid black with a tattoo design in the middle and I think there may have been some red trim around the cover image. And unlike many tattoo art books, this one had the artwork by itself rather than photos of the tattoos on people. It was also several hundred pages - maybe around 300 pages?

It had several sections, such as Skulls, Roses, Dragons, Asian, Women, and a few others I forget. It was not a Tattoo Bible, not Tattoo Johnny, not the Mammoth Book of Tattoos, and not Tattoo World. I've looked on B&N.com (and Amazon) and cannot find the damn thing. I know I will recognize the cover if I see it.

This book was a new release at B&N in October. Does anyone know what book this is?

I don't know what book it is, but I do remember seeing it..it was at Hastings. I'm going there later and will look for you.
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
      This book was a new release at B&N in October. Does anyone know what book this is?
      this one was published in hardcover back on october 12th, and will be coming out in paperback soon
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I went to Hastings, but couldn't find the book, I'm sorry
        Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Well, I attempted to use my google fu...this is what I came up with, don't know if they're it, but hopefully it helps??

linky

linky

Those were all I could come up with for now. Good luck finding it!!

Comment

I'm 99% sure I saw a tattoo book sitting around at work, I didn't look that close but it sounds vaguely like it might fit your description. It was in the vendor managers' area and they get all kinds of samples, so it is quite possible it is a newer title. I'm not sure if it's the same one in Blaquekatt's link.. I will look tomorrow and see if it's still there.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Thank you for all your help, everyone - very very grateful for everyone's efforts, but sadly, none of the links posted are the one I'm looking for. One thing I meant to add is this book is paperback. And I'm pretty sure the image on the cover was something red like a heart or a rose...leaning toward a heart. I thought maybe it was the one BlaqueKatt linked until I saw that it was hardcover.

@kansasgal, it's okay, thanks very much for trying.

I could have sworn it was Tattoo World because that cover is jumping out the most at me, but I looked at some of the pages in it via Amazon and it's not the right one. It's also hardcover. Gah, why is this book so elusive? I am kicking myself for not buying it when I saw it.

Comment

...Gah, why is this book so elusive? I am kicking myself for not buying it when I saw it.
                Ask The Librarian.It has apparently disappeared into L-Space.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Ask The Librarian.It has apparently disappeared into L-Space.
                  Monkeys Orangutans don't care for tattoos, but he might help you look for a banana or two...

Comment

since you mentioned barnes and noble could it be this one(they ordered several printings on their own, as in 2nd,3rd, and 4th printings all went to B&N) 500 pages, paperback, and divided into 32 different categories......
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Whatever book I saw at work is not there anymore.

Comment

I think that one you linked to more recently may have been the one, BlaqueKatt. Granted, I only remember a couple specific tats from the book, but the page layout (from the "take a look inside" feature on Amazon) looks mighty familiar. Thankies very muchly - you get the spaceship full of cookies/cupcakes/confection of choice.

Weird, it's from 2008 - when I saw it in B&N, it was on their New Releases table right at the front door. So I assumed it was something that was a more recent publication. In any case, it's now on my ever-growing Amazon wish list...along with Tattoo Johnny (which looked promising as well).

Comment

Weird, it's from 2008 - when I saw it in B&N, it was on their New Releases table right at the front door. So I assumed it was something that was a more recent publication. In any case, it's now on my ever-growing Amazon wish list...along with Tattoo Johnny (which looked promising as well).
                          It is entirely not possible that someone just stuck it there... (unless it was a whole pile in which case I dunno..)

Or it was gift books and not necessarily new releases; they do that around the holidays.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            Monkeys Orangutans don't care for tattoos, but he might help you look for a banana or two...
                            You can ignore that post from sms001, as everything after the first word came from an unscrewed head.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That's the thing - it was a whole pile, which is why I thought it was a brand-spanking new title. I have no clue why a three-year-old book would be on a table of New Releases, but oh well. Shockingly, Amazon is out of stock, so I guess I'll be getting it from B&N.com

Comment

Working...
                              X