This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Yarn?

So, my BFs sister is having a kid, and I'm going to be knitting a baby blanket. The question is, what yarn do I use? I am going to be asking at the store, but I thought it might be better to go in with some ideas.

I want it to be soft, warm, non-allergenic, and machine washable. Ideas?

ETA: Oh yeah, it shouldn't stain easily.
    Last edited by ArcticChicken; 12-31-2011, 05:08 AM.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

The cheap brands (the stuff at chain craft stores) all make stuff marked as baby yarn. Some of the fancy brands (the stuff at yarn stores) have stuff marked as baby yarn as well. They're generally all sport weight and pretty soft. As amazing as yarns like Baby Cashmerino feel, I prefer the cheap brands because the last thing a new parent needs is something that has to be hand washed. Acrylic does have its advantages.

Comment

You could try Debbie Bliss Eco Baby - 100% organic and doesn't have to be handwashed.

There's a US stockist listed here:

http://www.debbieblissonline.com/stockists.asp
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

JoAnn's Sensations yarns has a baby yarn, and I've had good experiences with their other yarns.

Lion brand is always a good choice, too. Used it months ago to make a baby blanket that was washable and soft.

Comment

I used Lion Brand when I made Bugs blanket

Comment

Working...
          X