Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone from new jersey who can answer this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone from new jersey who can answer this?

with the company I work for we deal with customers calling in from New Jersey.

the thing with gas holds is you need to have it pre authorized before you pump gas to avoid the hold...simple rght?

so what exactly is the way to do this in New Jersey since you cannot leave your car to pump gas?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

You hand the card to the attendant, who then does everything the same way as if you were doing it yourself.

Yes, it's stupid and annoying.

Comment

people are still getting gas holds....and gas stations are denying that they did or did not preautorize ><
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I've never actually thought about how holds work...I always use a credit card when I get gas; even when I've used debit in the past I've never had my balance low enough that I would have worried about whether a hold would cause a problem, and that was years ago before I would have been able to check my balance online to even notice it was there.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Depends on where I go. The place I was recently going to has two sets of pumps, one for cash, one for credit cards. They always just take my card after pumping.

Other places, like BP, they'll take your card and put it in the reader in the pump.

Honestly, I've never had problems using my debit card for gas since I've never been that low that I had to worry.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
          X