This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerf Gun Fans to me!

So I have a Nerf War coming up with some friends being held near me. Since I do not have any real guns of my own, I am looking to invest in a couple of guns with the intention of modding them slightly. Here are the conditions for me investing in them:

• It can't be a fully-automatic one since my budget does not stretch THAT far (bear in mind I also need to buy a couple of extra clips)
    • It needs to be clip-fed so I can share extra clips and not lose the other darts so easily.
    • It needs to be capable of being modified slightly to gain better range.

Suggestions?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Oddly, I have a Nerf gun with me right now! (Don't look so surprised...my third job IS in a toy shop, after all!) Sadly, it does not meet your requirements, as it is single action and comes with three "bullets" (one of which I've already lost) and one "rocket." However, their range is damn impressive, considering the gun is powered purely by air when you squeeze it.

Nerf guns RULE! Good luck!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me: A maverick is my last resort.

Comment

To be honest, a maverick should be the first option. It meets all of those requirements (the newer models even use the maverick's design as a baseplate for theirs) AND can be concealed.

Only other option I can think of off the top of my head is the N-Strike Stampede ECS. The dart capacity on that one is INSANE!.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'd say look at the nerf shop, they've got the full specs on everything, and the prices, and there are some around $30 that have various pieces that can be added/removed for different applications, drum fed clips that hold 35 rounds are also around $30-and most are about $20.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I love Nerf guns...although I originally used them to entertain my cat, who really loved chasing the darts and even sometimes carrying them back to us. Eventually she chewed them up. I went a long time without a Nerf gun and then bought another one within the last couple of years, but alas, the cat who is now nearly 20 years old can look on intently but generally doesn't have the energy to chase the darts. Oh well, I can still shoot them at other targets

Your idea sounds awesome...good luck tricking it out!
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Heheheheheheeheheheheheh. *Opens door to Nerf Armoury*
              What? I only have 10 or so...

Ok.
              - Clips - Basically stick to the N Strike Range - All clips take slimline darts (orange tips), even better if your sharing ammo. And the clips fit all Nerf Guns that take clips

- Extra clips, I believe you'll need to check second hand/online for anything other than a 6 Dart clip. Most stores should sell a clip 2 pack, with a little extender thing. Don't bother with the extender. Also, wear pockets. XD

Guns you may be interested in

Maverick - 6 shot revolver, no clip. Easy to extend range
              Spectre - 5 shot revolver, no clip.
              Barricade - 10 shot electric. Fires whistler (black tip) darts
              Recon CS6 - Takes clips, use as a pistol (The barrel extension slows the darts too much) - Need a long drill bit or flat head screw driver to take out air restrictor.
              Raider - The favourite pump action of my flat mate and I. 36 dart drum clip. Bit of a pain to modify according to my flatmate, but worth the effort.
              Longshot/LongStrike - These are two different guns, but are both 'sniper' style. Longstrike is naff. Don't bother. Longshot you can remove the front half of the barrell to up range/power, and mod similar to the Recon.
              Barrel Break - Double barrel 'shotgun' - No clip, has an 'ammo rail' to hold extra darts. Fires whistler (Black tip) darts tho.

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head.

The Stampede is a electric automatic, so possibly at the out of budget end, unless you spot a good sale.
              The Vulcan while fun, is a 25 dart belt fed electric. So again probably out of budget.

Regarding mods, basic ones are, remove air restrictors, stretch/replace springs (along with precautionary padding inside the guns to handle extra power. After that you enter brass barrels etc, which personally I think are silly. Lemme know what you get, I can either describe or point you to resources I've used.
              "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
              Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I own a Maverick and I love it. I blame my niece and nephew's Nerf gun collection (and therefore my sister and brother in law) for my interest in getting one.
                My bro had some when we were little but as I am a girl I was never given any. I aim to change that now. *evil laugh*
                Good luck and have a blast!
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

You called?
                  Actually I can't say anything more then what my New Zealand brother can say, since he is the expert. So you are better off listening to ApolloSZ...
                  I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

thanks guys.

Apollo, the Longshot was definitely on my list as far as the clip-fed guns go-I wanted a sniper rifle and from what I'd heard, that one was a) easier to mod and b) didn't fail on the range.

My boyfriend currently owns a Stampede, Vulcan, Raider and Recon. The Vulcan is the only one that he's modded, while the rest are all mod-free. I have no idea why he bought the Recon, but the raider he bought for the 35-dart drum. (You can't buy those separately over here YET)

Does anyone own, or is familiar, with the Alpha trooper? That is another possibility as a backup firearm. My boyfriend and I are sharing clips on the day of the event, since he owns around 7 clips total (all of his guns apart from the Vulcan are clip-fed). The Alpha I know comes with an 18-dart drum.

Oh and in regards to mods, the only real mod I'm doing is removing the air restrictor and possibly playing with the spring.

Comment

Yes I have a longshot, it is fun. And freaking huge. Like 3 feet long. Nice range with the basic mods, I leave the extension off pretty much all the time tho. Looks like a pulse rifle XD (mines blue, not yellow). It was really easy to mod, infact we had it working better than when I got it (second hand gun).

My Flatmate (T) owns a Stampede and Raider, I have the Vulcan and Recon XD. Hmmm I remember your BF's a 40K fan, ask him if the Recon looks like a Bolt Pistol (without the extension/stock) XD

T owns an Alpha trooper. I got shot when I commented the mini-drum looked like a cute younger brother to the raider. I think the 'cute' comment got the reaction. Its internals are similar to a Raider. But somehow T has modded it and had a part left out, with no ill-effect. We don't know how it happened.... The only niggle is the pump needs to be all the way forward to fire. It seems to have a tendancy to sit a few mm's back. This may be due to the modding I'm not sure.

Yep, a long drill bit, or Flat head screw driver and hammer are your friend. Snips aswell. Regarding the springs, you can stretch them, but this will make it slightly harder packing the internals back in when your done.

You can buy alternate springs too, and I've heard people have fitted two Recon springs inside the original spring on a Longshot for more power. Also I'd reccommend Vaseline or similar to re-grease/lube the pistons. We saw a noticeable difference when we did that.

On a side note, I've got the new disc launching ones aswell. They fly slow (like, swat out of the air slow), but have nice range and are great for bounce shots indoors XD

Tis a shame your not local. Id be at the event like a shot!! Armoury and all!
                      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Hehe, I promise you the drop bears will not be visiting

I have the tools for modding-my boyfriend modded one of those 1-shot pistols by removing the air-restrictor (not the one that you have to pump to fire, the one with a trigger) and it is POWERFUL. A friend of ours modded his Barricade and had a similar reaction.

I am definitely thinking along the lines of a Longshot as my primary weapon, with the Alpha trooper and the pistol attachment from the Longshot as my backups. I cannot find the Longstrike ANYWHERE in my state at the moment, so the Longshot will do.

My current list is looking like THIS at the moment:

-Longshot
                        -Alpha Trooper
                        -1 x Clip pack.
                        -1 x Tactical Vest. (since I can't find the bandolier). That's if it will FIT, since the vest is designed for someone who's 5'5" and I'm slightly over that

My boyfriend has roughly 8 clips/drums total (the 35-dart drum, 3 18-dart clips and 4 6-dart clips) so we're going to share the clips out between the two of us for the day: he's going to keep his 35-dart drum and 2 of his 18-clips, I'm getting one of those 18-clips, plus the 18-drum from the Alpha and then we're going to divvy out the remaining clips between us. (He's decided that while he'll be taking the Vulcan there (modded), his primary weapon for the day will be his Stampede and his backup is going to be his raider)

ETA: The person who's organising the Nerf War ALSO has some of the disc guns. I am so keeping her on our side .

Comment

Personally I'd give up on the longstrike, I've heard its rather underwhelming. I could be mistaken tho.

Now, you mentioned the Longshots pistol. Just to be sure, you know thats a pump and fire, then load another dart in manually right? Other than that it looks like a good list. For your backup, I'd recommend a Maverick if you can. They are reliable and rediculously easy to mod. e.g. T brought 4, 1 each for our friends. We modded them (Restrictors, springs, fully opening chamber) in an hour flat.

I take it your having this inside? Then yes, the discs are great for shooting aroud corners up to almost 360 degrees XD.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                            Personally I'd give up on the longstrike, I've heard its rather underwhelming. I could be mistaken tho.

Now, you mentioned the Longshots pistol. Just to be sure, you know thats a pump and fire, then load another dart in manually right? Other than that it looks like a good list. For your backup, I'd recommend a Maverick if you can. They are reliable and rediculously easy to mod. e.g. T brought 4, 1 each for our friends. We modded them (Restrictors, springs, fully opening chamber) in an hour flat.

I take it your having this inside? Then yes, the discs are great for shooting aroud corners up to almost 360 degrees XD.
                            No, outside. I plan on scoping out the park sometime this week since it's in the city centre.

Comment

You're going to want to be careful with the 18 dart clips with the longshot or it could really mess your accuracy up. The design was to accommodate the 6 dart clip with the tripod and an 18 would ensure you can't tilt very high. In fact, the butt storage part with a clip on it ensures you're not getting a very high tilt as it is. If you use the 18 clip on it, best to use it open hand and forgo the tripod.
                              I AM the evil bastard!
                              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X