This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti SOPA/censorship pic

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, mods please move it if you have to. I'm sure a lot of you have seen the pictures of people with the "bar of SOPA" in their mouths, I'm planning on doing a similar picture only 1 step further. I'm going to be naked with censor bars over me in the appropriate places (that way nobody sees anything) and one over my eyes as well, with the words "don't censor me" in white on the black bars. I'm also going to have the "bar of SOPA" in my mouth, please tell me what you think.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Here is what I think. I think if you want to do it, that it doesn't matter what others think. If it is something you want to do, go for it. It will be amazing, because you are amazing
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Ditto what Mythical said. I'd say go for it.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I think it's a good idea, but I think if you really want to make a statement, the picture should have zero censorship, as in no bars, and should have the message stated in some other way, so there is no irony or hypocrisy to it.

This is not said in a perverted way (I am not angling to see the picture in question), but as a free speech advocate who thinks the best way to send a message sometimes requires a sledge hammer. Or in this case, a naked body.

Just my two cents.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm sure everyone here is concerned about the SOPA/PIPA legislation should those bills be passed. Inevitably, we're going to have to take into account the potential effects of that legislation here on CS (see the "Copyright issues" thread).

HOWEVER, any discussion of the pros and cons of SOPA/PIPA and efforts to support or protest the passing of the legislation is quite clearly Fratching material, and should be confined to that forum.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
          X