Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Nasty Drama Queen Customer
Old 01-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Front End Supervisor

Default Nasty Drama Queen Customer

So apparently this woman is a regular at our store. A regular troublemaker, that is. Loves to come in and pick on the employees, find something to whine over.

A few weeks back she accused my supervisor and another associate of being racist when she couldn't take back a product that was melted and warped, looked like she left it in a hot car for days.

So she comes in, and there's a line of customers. Once she gets to me, she whines that she's been waiting. So I handle her order and it seems she's out the door.

I apologize to the next customer in line for the wait (she had asked me to price check something when the nasty lady was in another line, nasty lady switched lines after that so I had to handle nasty lady first).

The apology thing is something I do out of habit when the store is full, it really means nothing. But then nasty lady lady reappears out of nowhere, gets in my face, and states that how dare I apologize to the next customer, that I implied she was the reason for the delay in the store. I try to clarify that I meant nothing like that, but nasty lady demands my first and last name, and the corporate number. Finally the nasty bitch leaves.

My supervisor, fortunately, called the store manager and the district manager to report what really happened. I don't think anyhting will come of it, but damn, that woman was a nasty piece of work.

Hopefully we can ban her from the store.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Chocolate covered bacon

IMO she had NO right to ask for your name.
../__\../__\

Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Chairman of the Board

If you are wearing a nametag, she's already got your first name, but I would under no circumstances have given her my last name. As Sarah Valentine says, she's got no right to that -- especially since she's known to be a major troublemaker.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Diner Darlin'

Don't EVER give a stranger your full name. That's just an invitation to disaster if you do that.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Hall Monitor

What they said -- never give out your full name.

In any case, Welcome to Customers Suck! We have cookies and brain bleach and bacon and sympathy by the ton. Help yourself!

"I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are!" - Balorio
"Normal is an illusion. What's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." - attr. to Morticia Addams

Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Customer

Oh, great a race-card playing nasty little bullying twit. Corporate will probably give her a gift card. I agree with everyone else never give a starnger your full name . There are a lot of wackos out there. Also .

Old 01-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Area Manager

I don't give anyone my name. I used to give people my first name, but now I don't even do that. I usually ask for their name in return. They don't like that!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Give Me Your Babies

I've done what CRML has done a few times, even in front of a manager. Thankfully manager sided with me, saying "It's only fair..."

Jumping on the bandwagon to never give out your full name, ever. You just don't know what kind of trouble that could land you. If asked, give your first name, and if they insist on full say "I am not obliged to give that information".

Agreeing that she was a piece of work...sounds like a someone's peed in her Wheaties on a regular basis kind of lady.

My deviantART gallery My website

Old 01-23-2012, 12:39 AM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
So apparently this woman is a regular at our store. A regular troublemaker, that is. Loves to come in and pick on the employees, find something to whine over.
to

I see you have a Nemesis too. Hopefully, other coworkers have had to deal with her too and will complain about her to management. And hopefully management will have the spine to ban her when she goes too far.

I also sincerely hope you did not give her your full name. If you have your name on a nametag, that is all she needs to identify you to Corporate. With your full name, she can look it up in the phone book and make your life a living hell. It's happened before.

Last edited by XCashier; 01-23-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Chairman of the Board

Wow, the fact that she was just hiding waiting to jump on your case says a lot about her; she has nothing better to do. Welcome, and keep the stories coming, err, yeah.