Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm two blocks from you. How can you keep screwing that up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm two blocks from you. How can you keep screwing that up?

I moved about a year ago to an apartment above a store on Main Street that runs along the course of three towns.

Now, if you know anything about South Jersey, the entire area is fucked up with regards to town lines, zip codes, and municipalities. And don't even try GPS.

For example: my best friend lives in, let's say, West Equestria. He works in Equestria. His zip code, however, is the one that Ponyville uses. But for municipal purposes (taxes, water bill, etc.) his chunk of city belongs to Equestria.

See what I mean?

I live in Canterlot. Canterlot is a town in Trottingham Township. Trottingham has its own municipal hall (which is 1 block away from me, technically located in Canterlot) There are a couple of small sections that also fall under Trottingham Township, but I digress. You see, you problem is that Trottingham Township and Equestria use the SAME zip code. And I live on the main street that runs right up the center of them.

Here's the problem:

When I order pizza, especially from a larger place like Dominos, they ALWAYS deliver it to the same street address I have but in Equestria.

When I order online I always put in the special instructions: deliver to CANTERLOT NOT Equestria!

When I call an order in, I literally tell the guy three times, every time, make sure the driver goes to CANTERLOT, NOT Equestria!

And yet, I'd say 2 out of 3 times, they ignore me and go to Equestria anyway. Then the guy inevitably calls me with his cell phone to find out why I'm not answering my door. Then I have to tell him to drive back to my address and then my pizza is 30 minutes old and lukewarm.

Now there's about 2 - 3 drivers there who know me and know to bring it directly to my apartment. But out of the dozen or more they have, the odds are still that they'll go to the wrong address first.

And what pisses me off even more... not that they're not listening to my instructions, it's that I am literally 2 blocks from their store. If my left knee cap wasn't in multiple pieces and my 40 year old legs didn't look like they belonged to a 60 year old I would walk down there myself. They could bring my stuff over, collect an easy $2 - $3 tip (I delivered myself for a few years, so I try to be a little generous with pizza guys) and the whole trip would take them 3 MINUTES. Shit, THEY could walk it down if they wanted to.

I literally DO NOT. KNOW. WHAT. IT. TAKES. to get them to listen to me.

Every time I call an order in I'm going to have to grill the guy on the phone to make sure he lets the driver know where to go. I'm going to have to repeat myself five fucking times to make sure they got it.

I don't want to be a dickhead customer, but it seems I have no choice. I'm screwed because of our state's crappy layout and half-assed municipal piece-mail. But even when I go out of my way to tell someone where to go - which is a faster trip for them, mind you - they DON'T LISTEN.

I don't suppose you have a place that's almost the same address as you that you could use for the delivery that doesn't have a double in Equestria. You might try that.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Perhaps when you order, ask to speak to a manager? Apologize for sounding like the proverbial SC, explain you've had it delivered wrong so many times and unfortunately, will not accept more lukewarm pizzas due to them simply not listening to you, and ask him to please do whatever it takes to have the delivery go to the right place the first time, or else you'll have no choice but to refuse to pay, send it back, and call corporate. But of course, you're sure it won't come do that, cause you know he'll fix the problem.
      All in the sweetest possible voice, LOL.

You might also try grilling the delivery guy when they call/deliver late, to find out if they're not reading their tickets properly, or if the info isn't being passed on to them.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        I don't suppose you have a place that's almost the same address as you that you could use for the delivery that doesn't have a double in Equestria. You might try that.

^-.-^

Not really. Part of the problem is that you need to go behind the row of stores to get to the steps that go up to our second floor. There's no access to it from the Main Street.

Actually, I guess I could hobble down the steps and give them the address of the Liquor store on the corner near us. But it's the principle of the thing, you know?

Comment

Could you maybe place the order online and make that part of the special instructions? In all caps and bold?
          Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Have you tried telling that that it's literally close enough to walk to from their store? Maybe that will make a little light go on in their heads.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I can tell you what to do. Instead of having the delivery guy take the now lukewarm pizza to you, have him bring it back to the store, and make yourself a sandwich instead.

Then order another pizza the next day. If the same thing happens, repeat the above procedure.

Eventually management will catch on.

Comment

I agree with what Merriweather stated about speaking to the manager. Take it a step further in a positive direction though. Let the mgr know that you love their pizzas (true, no?) but the zip mix up is causing issues. A few drivers from there know the right direction to deliver to you, so is it safe to ask when they are working so you can order it on their shift in hopes of having the more knowledegable drivers deliver it? That may be a security issue but worth asking.

The thing that strikes me as odd is that your initial statement about mixed up areas is possible, but why wouldn't the drivers know about these types of mix-ups from working there for who knows how long? They must have too many drivers there for all of them to constantly miss your residence.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                  For example: my best friend lives in, let's say, West Equestria. He works in Equestria. His zip code, however, is the one that Ponyville uses. But for municipal purposes (taxes, water bill, etc.) his chunk of city belongs to Equestria.

See what I mean?

I live in Canterlot. Canterlot is a town in Trottingham Township. Trottingham has its own municipal hall (which is 1 block away from me, technically located in Canterlot) There are a couple of small sections that also fall under Trottingham Township, but I digress. You see, you problem is that Trottingham Township and Equestria use the SAME zip code. And I live on the main street that runs right up the center of them.
                  Sounds like both whoever laid out the towns, and the people at the pizza place, are a couple of horse's asses.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth ohsobitter View Post
                    Could you maybe place the order online and make that part of the special instructions? In all caps and bold?

I did.

The driver didn't bother to read the special instructions. I said "We are in EQUESTRIA not Ponyville". And when I pointed it out he admitted that he didn't read the special delivery instructions.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                      I agree with what Merriweather stated about speaking to the manager. Take it a step further in a positive direction though. Let the mgr know that you love their pizzas (true, no?) but the zip mix up is causing issues. A few drivers from there know the right direction to deliver to you, so is it safe to ask when they are working so you can order it on their shift in hopes of having the more knowledegable drivers deliver it? That may be a security issue but worth asking.

The thing that strikes me as odd is that your initial statement about mixed up areas is possible, but why wouldn't the drivers know about these types of mix-ups from working there for who knows how long? They must have too many drivers there for all of them to constantly miss your residence.

Well, like I said there's about 3 - 4 drivers who know me, including one guy who's literally worked there for 20 years. I actually worked with him when I delivered pizzas for Dominos when I was a young buck. Those guys know me and come right to my door.

But they have probably a dozen and a half drives overall and if they've never delivered to my address they just assume what their GPS tells them is correct and don't bother to use common sense.

But yeah... next time I order I'm going to tell the guy "tell the driver I'm literally 2 blocks from you in EQUESTRIA and I'm NOT in Ponyville." - it will not matter, because they won't listen to me anyway.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Sounds like both whoever laid out the towns, and the people at the pizza place, are a couple of horse's asses.

Derpy is best pony.
                      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 02-20-2012, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                        Perhaps when you order, ask to speak to a manager? Apologize for sounding like the proverbial SC, explain you've had it delivered wrong so many times and unfortunately, will not accept more lukewarm pizzas due to them simply not listening to you, and ask him to please do whatever it takes to have the delivery go to the right place the first time, or else you'll have no choice but to refuse to pay, send it back, and call corporate. But of course, you're sure it won't come do that, cause you know he'll fix the problem.
                        All in the sweetest possible voice, LOL.

You might also try grilling the delivery guy when they call/deliver late, to find out if they're not reading their tickets properly, or if the info isn't being passed on to them.
                        This! ^^^ Piss off the driver so they tell the phone person off, then maybe they will start putting the special instruction on your order for the driver.
                        GFY

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                          Agreed - I used to work at pizza joints, and we always made sure that we read those special instructions/made sure the dirver knew about them when present -- the fact is, "special instructions" are just that: special. and so RARE as to be worth mentioning by their mere presence!! Actually reading the damn things has saved me tons of time on deliveries on more than one occasion. You could also ask that they preface the "I live in ___" with "CALL FIRST PLEASE!" in all caps. If they don't call within, say, half an hour of the order being placed, you know they didn't read the note at all and they're busted.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Or you could talk to the manager of the liquor store. Get your pizza delivered there. Have a liquor store employee run it up to you. Give HIM the big tip.

Okay, kidding. Mostly.
                            Women can do anything men can.
                            But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                            Maxine

Comment

The very fact that you're putting these instructions in writing & they're being ignored is enough to warrant a complaint. I'm not suggesting you be anything but nice to management, but c'mon, what else are you supposed to do?! Whether the drivers are aware of the local shenanigans or not, if you give specific instructions, and they ignore them, they shouldn't be putting you out - and not multiple times.
                              My advice: Ring the manager next time it happens. And again the next time. And repeat until the message gets through.
                              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                              What's the difference?
                              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                              X