Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To everyone in Northern Wisconsin and Michigan and Minnesota...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To everyone in Northern Wisconsin and Michigan and Minnesota...

I heard you guys are getting quite the snow storm, hope everyone stays safe! My hometown is completely shut down for the day, even the (national) call center I used to work for is closed, which never, ever happens (I heard it's the first time in 20 years they've closed to call center!)

It wasn't too bad here. I think we just got 8 inches total. The snow was, however, wet and heavy. I just got done shoveling at work. I started at 9 and finished at 1.

I also helped get the former Lt. Governor (whom I've known for 20 years) unstuck from behind the vacant building next door. She thought the way was plowed. It wasn't.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Here in my part of Shawano County, it doesn't look like we got a whole lot. However, there's inches of slush under the snow.

I had the man of the household drive me to work today, just in case. I wonder if my lower to the ground car will be able to get out of the driveway tomorrow.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
        I had the man of the household drive me to work today, just in case. I wonder if my lower to the ground car will be able to get out of the driveway tomorrow.
        Not if the frame's frozen to the pavement.

Doon't lick that bumper!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Not if the frame's frozen to the pavement.
          Meh. I park my car in the garage.

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Doon't lick that bumper!
          Go ahead, ruin my fun.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My school district got today off. That happened ONCE in my entire time in school when I went.

The roof could have caved in and they'd probably just tell us to keep our coats on, brush off the desks and get to work.

We got stuck going to the park & ride for DH to catch the bus to work. Called roadside assistance however we had about 7 or 8 people stop and offer to help within the 45 mins that we waited for the tow truck. I felt bad they were nice enough to stop and weren't taken up on their offer but I thanked them for stopping anyway.
            "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

I'm in NE WI. We got slush and rain.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It must have really been concentrated on my hometown. Literally the entire town was shut down. They had 16-18 inches of wet, heavy snow. Even the city snow plows were having trouble moving it; I heard that several of them got stuck on the side of the roads or in peoples' driveways.

Comment

just North of Food Lady we got a bit of slush and a bit of rain. all of the snow is now GONE.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We got about 6 inches all together, along with the mix and a ton of water! Oh my goodness, the entry to my complex had several inches of it!
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We got rain mostly.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        just North of Food Lady we got a bit of slush and a bit of rain. all of the snow is now GONE.
                        It's been like that all winter. It just melts away. I am so not unhappy about that. Shoveling it with this compressed nerve would be dangerous.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My little sisters kids were jumping for joy when the snow day call came in from school

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            all of the snow is now GONE.
                            Nope. It's all in my driveway.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I'm currently wondering when I moved myself and my belongings into a snowglobe...

around 4pm visibility was maybe a block....
                              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                              X