Ladies and Gentlemen, my store now has back to school stuff in the seasonal department!
The kids just got out of school, but extremely soon, us retail employees can look forward to the following:
- Customers throwing their back to school shopping list at you, expecting you to find every item on the list NOW! NOW! NOW! Don't mind the other SCs and running/screaming kids doing the same all around you.
- Extreme outbursts & temper tantrums by grown women when you suddenly get sold out of red markers, composition books or #2 pencils ... especially when school starts the next day. I mean really, how could you SERIOUSLY be out of composition books, I mean there can't be THAT many children who need them in this area, and its ONLY a RED MARKER ... how hard would it be to keep it in stock?
- As a cashier, having to ring up cartfulls of pink erasers or 3-packs of pens. No, I cannot hit '100' on the register and not scan each item individually just because you say
you only have 100 erasers ... I know you would complain if you really had 99 erasers and I blindly charged you for 100 since you asked me to!
- Utter chaos when a local school doesn't give my store their back-to-school list until later in the season, of course after repeated calls since its important we have it. Complain to the school for their slowness, not us!
- Parents of high-school students / college students who get their school lists *after* the first day of school, only to come in and find the department baron and empty since the younger kids got their stuff. Yes, we understand some people don't get the lists until its too late and we *MUST* accomodate every one by telling parents who get the list early that they can't buy the items you need! Of course these are the idiots who fail to realize that as a high school or college student, you can easily get basic stuff like pens, paper, folders and a binder and probably be fully set for all of your classes.
- The idiots who cannot grasp the reason why we have back-to-school items in the seasonal department (the main BTS area) and *also* in its regular spot in the Home Office department.
There is surely more, but I can't think of them now. Please add on to this list with anything I have forgotten!