Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Ferret Wrangler

I do think they demonized Ismay for getting on a lifeboat to begin with and all the good stuff he did do was skated over, I guess they looked at Captain Smith and Andrews who went down with her and thought he should've done the same, drowning, freezing to death or having your head implode from the pressure do not seem pleasant at all.

When the movie starts and that women (Not Celine, I think) is vocalizing, I always get shivers and tear up a bit.

I am looking foward to the 3-D version of it, I just inquired about ticket sales but since they don't have the schedule for the times yet, I wasn't able to purchase the tickets.

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Last edited by HappyFun Ball; 03-14-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Semper Fi, You rat you fry!

see, exactly, Cameron didn't show more than the tail-end of Ismay helping load the boats & mostly focused on him hopping into the lifeboat, which he had every right to do, hell if Cal wasn't gonna take it, why the heck not? the only thing Ismay's death would have accomplished would've been that everyone's punching bag/scapegoat would've been dead (and believe me, I'm pretty certain that by the time the whole deal was over Ismay probably WISHED he was dead) I read that after the Carpathia arrived & picked up the survivors that when learned women & children had gone down w/ the ship, he pretty much collapsed & had to be sedated during the steam back to NY.

Actually, I think it is Celine, though don't quote me on that. I also absolutely, LOVE the way Cameron had certain shots done, for instance, a shot of the ship morphing from the wreck she is today to her former glory, just sends chills down my spine

Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 PM

and what's more is that you've got some yahoos who swear up & down that she wouldn't have sunk if Murdoch had just simply done nothing & allowed her to smash into the ice bow first, while doing 20 some odd knots mind you

Yeah, um NO. she would have lost the majority (if not all) of her bow & most of that area of the boat deck, plus the first 5 compartments still would have flooded because they would have been SHEARED OPEN which, in turn, would have caused her to sink in MINUTES & not hours.

Which for those playing at home, would have meant EVERYONE would have died

Old 03-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Ferret Wrangler

I looked into a Titanic expedition once.. 40k. I would love to do it, I just won't ever been able to afford to.

That ship was being steered towards disaster by an outside source, no wind, clear night, no binoculars for the look outs, ice warnings being ignored.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:51 AM

yep, exactly, it was a lot of little things that came together just so that night. And not to spark a debate here, but take a gander at my sig (the first part) ya know? You don't screw around like that & expect smooth sailing (pun totally intended).

That's part of what scares me about the Hillstrands on Deadliest Catch, too many times they've flown in the face of disaster & laughed about it later (ie, leaving port on Fridays, setting their gear too close to ice on purpose, letting the ice build up to a dangerous level on deck etc). I'm bracing myself for the day that they take a risk one too many times & it ain't gonna be funny

Old 03-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Ferret Wrangler

I wrote a story about a Death Angel once, when she went to collect someone one of the lines of the conversation was "When someone said God himself couldn't sink the Titanic, God took it as a personal challenge."

Closed Thread