This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which BE has a sad

My aunt died this afternoon. I was expecting this. My dad called to tell me after I got home from work.

Then he told me they were taking the cat to the emergency vet because he was having trouble peeing. They got home and sent me a message that said

the vet just called to say Stripes may need surgery to remove stones from his bladder. don't know is we want to spend thousands of $$ for that.. we had to pay 60% of the estimated bill tonight which came to $1476.00 we may have to put him to sleep
    If he needs surgery they're looking at $5000 in vet bills.

Seems like a poor reason to let him die.

And it's the stupid cat, not my aunt, that's making me cry.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

I'm very sorry about your aunt, and your cat. *big hugs* Don't feel weird or bad about crying over the cat...I would (and will) be an absolute giant ball of mess if/when something ever happens to any of our cats. And bladder stones are nasty. My sister in law had a cat a few years ago who passed due to them.

Comment

Death is never fun or easy. And sometimes it's surprising which ones effect you in what way.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

My aunt's been in the hospital for weeks; I was expecting this. I'm surprised she hung on as long as she did, from what my mom was telling me. I know I will cry at her funeral, but she was suffering and she wasn't going to get better.

Wasn't expecting sick cat. He's only 6. Don't know how his sister will react if he goes away.

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm really sorry, BE. I hope your aunt is at peace. And as for the cat...mine will be 20 years old in a few weeks and right now she's holding her own, but I know she could go downhill fast. I don't know how I'm going to hold it together when she goes...
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'm so sorry about your aunt, be. You know if you need to talk, I'm often in chat.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

*hugs* I'm sorry about your aunt and your kitty.
                Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. And your cat!

You can message me @ FB or PM here. In case you want/need to talk.
                  And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

Well it seems kitty has a reprieve for now. He might come home tomorrow.

Viewing is probably on Tuesday and funeral on Wednesday; not sure yet.

And then tonight my dad told me the results of his surgery he had a few weeks ago. The tumor they took out was cancerous but they say they got it all and he doesn't need any other treatment.

Comment

If you need someone to talk to, I'm home now so I'm always around.
                      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Agh! Surprise situations are the worst. I hope kitty is ok, and your dad is feeling better. I'm sorry your rellie has passed, hugs.
                        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                          If you need someone to talk to, I'm home now so I'm always around.
                          Then why does your location still say Afghanistan?

and, Thanks, I appreciate it.

Obituary went up today on the local paper's website (not sure if it's in the print version today or tomorrow). Viewing is on Tuesday and the funeral is Wednesday.

Comment

I'm fervently hoping the doctors are right about your dad's cancer. Also glad to hear about kitty coming home.
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I am so sorry.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X