This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warehouse 13 (IC)

Ted Barlowe had had an almost normal day that day. Classes had gone well, his assistants handling most things, and for once had absolutely nothing on his schedule.

As he enteres his office this fine fall afternoon, he finds a middle aged woman standing looking at his bookshelf rather intently. She stands about 5 feet 6 inches tall, dressed impeccably in a tailored well fitting skirt suit in muted earth tones, her hair styled simply but professionally.

"hello Mr Barlowe"

she speaks with a refined voice but does not turn around as he enters.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

He was used to having students drop in at odd hours, as he had an open door policy. They did come in all ages and walks of life as well, so this did not seem too odd to him. "Just give me a second to get oriented, and I will be right with you." He puts all his material neatly on his desk, sits in his chair and finally addresses the person. "Now..how may I help you?"
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

She finally turns to face him and presents herself as an older woman, maybe in her late 40s, and speaks.

"We have been watching you for a while Mr Barlowe. I'm here to tell you that you are being transfer to another department for a while..."

She produces a manilla envelope from under her arm hand places it on the desk.

If he glances down at it then back up, she will have vanished.

inside the envelope is a picture, a plane ticket, and a letter.

The picture is of what appears to be a gold coin, closely resembling something from south america.

the letter states simply that if he'd like to expand upon his research beyond anything he could ever imagine, to use the plane ticket and someone will be there to meet him.

The plane ticket is to somewhere in South Dakota, and is for tomorrow afternoon (friday)
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

He informs the university he is going on sabbatical, and prepares for his trip. He will make the flight.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

the flight is uneventful, and arrives early, upon heading to the baggage claim he sees a young woman dressed in slacks and a loose t-shirt, holding a sign (upside down ironically) with his name on it looking around rather distractedly.

Comment

He approaches her "I guess you are looking for me?"

Comment

the woman turns a warm smile on him and does not appear to be flusterd.

"So...your barlowe eh? I'm Samara Techlin, guess we're working together. huh, you met Ms Fredrick? crazy woman....I'd keep an eye on her....you got your stuff? good lets go, got to show you your new home away from home!"

Shes interupted by a faint buzzing sound coming from her pocket, and produces the strangest item ted's ever seen, about the size of a paperback book, she flips it open and begins talking.

"yeah hes here, like she said. I'm starving, we'll stop in univille for dinner then head to Leena's. I'll bring him by tomorrow."

Then she flips it closed, smiling at him again, "my boss, artie...hes....a unique character, you'll meet him tomorrow."

with that she begins walking out of the terminal.

Comment

I follow "You know, I still have yet to find out what this is all about..."

Comment

"You're a teacher right? from your file you're like indiana jones but not as cool.... ok think of every weird thing you've seen in the tabloids, or seen on the news...now imagine if ordinary thinks were behind strange things happening."

she leads him out to a car and helps him load it into the trunk before getting in herself and staring it up.

"Ever wonder why venus di milo doesn't have any arms? why babe ruth was a great ball player? Well take everything you think you know and throw it out the window. I can promise you your life will change, I'd even go so far as to say for the better."

Comment

To say he was skeptical was an understatement. "I guess I will have to see what you mean for myself."

Comment

"Been with the Warehouse, 10 years next week. I was just like you when I started, but I seen some things that blew my mind, caused alot of laughter and alot of tears."

As they drive she regals him with stories of a few of her exploits, a few having him in laughter wether he believes them or not. He does notice that she mentions everything she did was alone but he gets the impression she is holding something back.

"....and then you should of seen his face when I came back covered in goo and said 'artie I swear to god if you ever send me to a zoo again I'm sending you my cleaning bill!' I then didn't speak to him for a week!"

she pulls into a small town then stopping a moment later outside a diner and gets out stretching.

"god that drive gets longer every day, you coming? I've not eaten since breakfast."

Comment

Follows, not prying..after all he just met the person..and if she wanted him to know she would tell him. "Yes, I could use some food."

Comment

"You don't talk much do you?"

She proceeds to order about 1/3 of the menu, and "a diet coke please" then turns to him.

"I understand this can be weird, but I promise you...its fun. Artie is a bit of a hard ass but he's been with the warehouse since time began, I think ms fredricks has been there longer."

she sighs softly, "Listen, theres weird shit going on in the world, and the warehouse keeps that stuff safe. Theres been a warehouse in all the major powers of the world since...well...Alexandria I believe. Theres stuff been lost to time, and hoardes of invaders so lots of weird things happen all over the world. You like history and study it....We think you're insite to come of the other warehouses and where they might be holed up would be of use."

Comment

Ted thinks a bit. "Well, if I start on a lecture I can talk until the students beg for mercy, I just still have to figure out what exactly is going on. Still, your explanation has helped a bit. I think I must see what you are talking about first hand. It would help me tremendously." he orders a decent meal. "All this sounds intriguing at least. I think you might be delusional, but I will at least give you a chance to prove what you say is true."

Comment

"Naw my last psych exam cleared me of being insane or delusional. I was actually due to leave for a case tomorrow, so you might get a taste of it sooner then you think, but i left all my gear back at the warehouse, Artie needed my tesla for an upgrade or something."

She digs into her food with a healthy appitite as she continues speaking, "Listen I was as skeptical as you are, but a few to many weird things have happened since i joined but I've had alot of fun with some of the less dangerous things in the warehouse....like the bottomless cookie jar, or the freezing snowglobe or the silly string."

Comment

Working...
                              X