This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    We were all pretty gobsmacked about this. A crime DID occur; trespassing and disorderly conduct. The guys were let go after coworkers got their information and issued ban letters.
    Something similar happened not far from where I live. The store in question, was one of the last *independent* grocers inside the Pittsburgh city limits. Said store was in one of the more "interesting" parts of town--along Second Avenue in Hazelwood. Anyway, after being robbed *multiple* times, and after lots of shoplifting...and being told by the cops that there was little they could do...the owners decided they'd had enough. They closed down after the last robbery. Meaning, they gave the entire neighborhood a giant "fuck you" in return.

Unfortunately, that means that the good people no longer have a grocery store nearby. The closest place is up the hill in Greenfield, or across the Mon on the South Side. Just another example of how sucky customers ruin things for everyone
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I really figure maybe the officer was just having a bad day or something, I mean, they're still human. I REALLY wish, though, that I could be a fly on the wall when those 3-guys get their letters of what they're being charged with
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I bet if the person who had cuffed them had also cuffed them to the fence on the upper part of the mall and just left them there overnight, there would have been some serious consequences for both parties.

Comment

sadly when it comes to trespassing it's usually considered a low priority. There has been several times where I've had to detain someone who was barred for trespassing and when calling the police to pick them up have taken several hours and i'm not joking about this the police would call each hour and go "Are they gone yet?" and when I would tell them no they would go "Oh, well were really busy it will be a while yet" we usually would have to let them go as were really don't have a place to keep them and since it's a library I work at they don't let us use cuffs so it can be a really frustrating.

Comment

Working...
          X