Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry, Merriweather. One of our girls has kidney disease and your kitty's symptoms are very much like her's. Our girl has had it for over 3 years now and it has been a slow and steady uphill battle that we have slowly been failing. It is very difficult.

Sending you lots of kitty snuggles from all of our babies.

Comment

I'm so sorry, Merriweather. My sister's cat dealt with kidney failure the last year of his life. He tolerated the daily infusions, but in the end, the result was the same. You gave her a good life, and were there with her at the end. It's been said, and I'll say it again. Cats are great at hiding illness. The kitty in my avatar was dying of heart failure, and I just thought it was a cold. By the time I realized it was more than a cold, it was too late to save him.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I'm so sorry. I've lost a kitty to kidney, and it's terrible. She died with her human, and that sent her comfort.
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I am horrible at giving words of comfort. *hugs*
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

My condolences.

Rapscallion

Comment

So sorry to hear, Merriweather... we had to put one of our cats down a couple of weeks ago. It's so tough to make the decision, but it's a bit easier knowing that the life they did have was good, and safe, while they are with you.

I hope the pain eases quickly. My thoughts are with you

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Merriweather. You were a good and loving owner and I don't doubt she knew that.

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                *snip*

And the answer to "how long do cats live?" is STILL "never long enough."
                Very true.

Comment

I'm so sorry! Been there. I'm glad you were with her when she crossed over. She's not hurting anymore, but oh I know how much it hurts you to say goodbye. May you have loving memories of her to give you peace.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh jeez, Merriweather. I'm so sorry to hear that. <big hugs>
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

*many hugs*
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I'm so sorry, Merriweather. We've lost too many furkids around here lately.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Sorry to be terribly late but you also have my condolences.

I've lost my last 2 (Wendyburger a week before Thanksgiving and Stan 2 weeks ago today) and I miss them still (but then I still miss the other kitties we had that we've lost over the last 5 years or so as well.)

And, especially with those two as I'd had them since birth, no matter how many years they are with us, it's never long enough.

But at least your baby is probably having a good time in a better place and is probably hanging out with my kitties too.

And I like to think we'll be reunited with them when we leave this world . . . so in that respect, don't be surprised if we get mobbed by every furbaby we've ever had.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It's been near 20 years since I last had a pet..and I still miss them all (That I was old enough to remember).
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'm so sorry. Its really hard to lose a kitty.

Comment

Working...
                              X