This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager that sucks

My family and I were at a local burger joint tonight. The person taking the orders is always nice and seems to know his stuff.

As we were waiting for our food i was a witness to this...

Niceworker notices ketchup on the door and table and says he will clean it up.
    As he is cleaning the spill a couple walks in
    NW- Hi guys Welcome to"burger joint". I will be with you in one second if you don't mind.

Nicecustomers-Thats fine man take your time. We have no idea what we want.

2 seconds later the manager walks out from the back.
    SM-Yo Niceworker you know how do your job or not.

NW-Yes sir I do
    SM-These are customers you get up here and take care of them.
    NC-Its ok He told us he will be right with us. Plus we have no idea what we want.
    SM-This is not right you should not have to wait. My staff just has no idea how to work.

NC-Well if you don't want us to wait than take our order than.

SM-Oh no I dont do that. Thats why I hire people.

NC-Well you did a good job with him. He is always nice and always very helpful. He goes above and beyond. Our 1st time here he told us about every item you guys sell. He is a hard worker and cares about his job.
    Nw comes up and just asks if they are ready to order.

NC say they plan to call whoever and get sm fired.

Epic customers are epic! <3
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post

translation: I am just here to MANAGE and collect a paycheck not to actually do grunt work as that would be against my princlples and get my fingers dirty.

OK delegation is fine but some take it too far.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Doubt they can actually get him fired but kudos to them for trying.

Comment

I love how the NC called the manager out on it. "Well if you don't want us to wait than take our order than."

Sounds like if it wasn't for his workers, his would be the worst joint in town!
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
            Doubt they can actually get him fired but kudos to them for trying.
            If Corporate gets enough complaints about this ass, they probably will. NC's might be the first complaint, or the latest in a series, but it'll definitely count.

Can't hurt to try, right?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              If Corporate gets enough complaints about this ass, they probably will. NC's might be the first complaint, or the latest in a series, but it'll definitely count.

Can't hurt to try, right?
              True. When issues involving managers come up, Corporate has to make sure everything is documented to a T. They can't just fire a manager nilly-willy off one single complaint. There has to be written documentation - and there must be sevral and it has to be accurate. Dot all the "i's" cross all the "t's" sort of situation before they can remove the manager.

Even then, they may simply transfer him to another area/location to become another DM's problem.
              Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 06-16-2012, 09:45 PM.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Managers who don't pitch in, roll their sleeves up & work as hard as their subordinates I wouldn't call them management material. IF they're gonna talk the talk then they better get off their asses & walk the walk.

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                  NC-Well if you don't want us to wait than take our order than.

Hmm, this sounds familiar. You're not in Canada by any chance, are you?

No, wait, it's too soon for patiokitty's ex-SM to be managing at another establishment, isn't it?

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
                  X