This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya gotta do something.

Had these guys (Sucky Customer and Other Guy) come to the desk to check out.

SC: I'm ready to check out, but you gotta do something about this rate. I've stayed here a bunch of times, and never paid <rate> for a room.

Me: I'm sorry, but that's the rate you signed for last night. You initialed right below the rate, that was the time to say something about it being to high.

SC: Well you gotta do something about it.

Me: I do not have the authority to change the rate at this time. When you checked in last night...

SC: I didn't check in, he did. <points to OG>

Me: Well then, he signed for the room at that rate <I pull the reg. card, where Sally had CIRCLED the rate and it was initialed right below it.> See here, it's circled, and he initialed for it, there is nothing I can do.

SC: Well, who can?

Me: The manager can, he will be in on Mon. morning.

SC: We're leaving today, so you have to do something. Their are other <event people> who are paying <$10 lower rate>.

Me: I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do.

OG then asked if everything was settled, once it was, they left, but not without the SC vaguely hinting that he was going to complain.

I'd like to point out a few quick facts:

#1. He was not complaining about noisiness, cleanliness, or comfortableness. Just the rate.

#2. He wasn't asking politely, just rather demanding, which will get you absolutely nowhere when you really don't have a leg to stand on.

#3. The person complaining about the rate was not even the person who signed for the room, that guy barely said half a dozen words to me.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

I hope your manager won't cave if the SC bitches about the rate. I agree that the SC has no leg to stand on about getting a lower rate just because he demands it.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Hotels are typically pretty relaxed about giving discounts, so I really hope the manager didn't cave in. The fact that I'm sure he was quoted a rate before he even decided to rent the room, then initialed right next to the rate agreeing to pay it gives him absolutely no excuse. People just feel like they deserve a discount no matter what.

When I worked front desk at a hotel people would ask for every discount under the sun. The craziest I ever got asked was if we offered a "temple recommend discount." For those of you that don't know what that is, LDS (Mormons) are required to have a temple recommend card to be able to attend the temples, and she thought apparently that was also worthy of getting a hotel discount.

Comment

Quoth lvceline View Post
        When I worked front desk at a hotel people would ask for every discount under the sun. The craziest I ever got asked was if we offered a "temple recommend discount." For those of you that don't know what that is, LDS (Mormons) are required to have a temple recommend card to be able to attend the temples, and she thought apparently that was also worthy of getting a hotel discount.
        That...I...just...what? I mean, I'm LDS, but I (and pretty much everyone else I know in the church) would never think to actually ask for a discount like that. That's just...I think I need to go reboot my brain.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          I agree that the SC has no leg to stand on about getting a lower rate just because he demands it.
          Especially when the SC is checking out.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X