This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Sighting at the Bus Station

So I had to take a bus across the state for a convention. In order to get to the east side, I had to go a long way south first. When I got to the station where I had to transfer, there was about a two hour wait. I went inside and asked at the desk where the next bus would be pulling in. The woman behind the desk was obviously new and didn't know, but said she'd look it up. Just then her manager stepped in and basically said "You'll find out when it gets here."

"Well! I just wanted to know so I could go sit where it's going to be! But I guess that's too COMPLICATED!" I said to no one in particular as I stomped away. Good lord, I sounded like my extremely grumpy grandmother.
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

That's not really sucky. Manager wasn't being helpful. If it was Greyhound I'm not surprised. I almost missed a bus to a con once because the idiot making the boarding announcement neglected to mention the city I was going to.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I haven't used Greyhound myself but I have used Bolt Bus and MegaBus. Roomie thinks she used MegaBus on her first leg of her trip to Baltimore (Wisconsin to Baltimore is a long trip by bus and train). I highly recommend MegaBus.
      The manager was a jerk. I think your response was justified.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Yeah, it was Greyhound. I took Indian Trails to the station (the local alternative), but it was a Greyhound station and a Greyhound bus. I just naturally assumed, since at <my city>'s bus station they tell you when they give you your ticket what gate the bus will board at, that they could tell me at this bus station.
        "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
        Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Haven't used Greyhound in a long time, and if that's a standard example of their service I won't be using it again anytime soon.

Comment

For some locations they truly don't know where it will be as it will depend on what berths are open when it arrives. (yeah, I used to take Greyhound quite a bit). However, that does not excuse the manager. It would have been more helpful and polite to take a few extra words to explain 'Berths are not preassigned, therefor we won't know where that bus will leave from until the actual bus arrives'.
            I see no suck on your part. You didn't start screaming and acting like a toddler in a temper tantrum.

Comment

Working...
            X