Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How our anniversary was nearly ruined!

I placed reservations for a hotel room that was suppose to have a Jacuzzi Suite, a dozen roses, Champagne and dessert for two with a Deluxe continental breakfast for two in the morning.

We get there and are told the Jacuzzi Suites have been sold out for three months. We get to our room which was just a regular room and the flowers are daisies not roses. I check for bed bugs and there are none, which was good. The room sparked it was so clean, so no complaints about the room.

There was no breakfast for us in the morning. They took a lot off our bill but it didn't make up for the romantic night we were suppose to have.

We celebrated in our own way, so it wasn't a total loss, but it wasn't what I had planned for a month in advance.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Did you book through the hotel itself, or Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, or other 3rd party retailer? The reason I ask, is sometimes the 3rd party retailers book without considering actual availability, and will sometimes overbook the hotel, and the hotel will not have YOUR contact info to let you know about the discrepancy.

Sometimes the hotels themselves will overbook, in anticipation that not everybody who reserved will show up, which sucks if you are one of the ones who doesn't get the room type (or hotel) you originally booked.

Industry wide the 3rd parties are not well liked for the most part, simply because they are a PITA.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I made the reservation through the hotel itself by a guy who never once said it would be a problem.

Comment

Then that's just suck on the hotel's part. If an issue cropped up, they should have notified you ahead of time. At least they didn't charge you for the non-existent breakfast.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Yeah, bhskittycat is right. Hotel is completely at fault.

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Hope you let them know of the issue, and filed a complaint. Hope you had a good time regardless of the setbacks.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

That is pretty bad. You weren't just booking a room. You were booking an "event." They failed miserably.

Curious about something... How did they miss the breakfast? Unless they don't serve breakfast or was it suppose to be catered by someone else.

By the way, Happy Anniversary!
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Grrr. Turkeys.

Happy Anniversary.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Thanks guys, for the anniversary wishes.

Yes, I did let them know it was an issue that I did not get what they and their web site said I would get, which is why they took money off and let us know they would give us a discount if we came back. We have no plans on going back.

Comment

Wow, that is just terrible :'(
                    Would you consider complaining via their website?
                    Happy anniversary btw
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                    X