This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another return saga.

I realized today that most of my stories involve returns, but most people are pleasant when they get their way.

This one is from my department store days. I had a job at a department store in a brand new mall. There are two locations of this store north of this location.
    Mall A = My mall
    Mall B = abt 10 miles north
    Mall C (fancy pants mall with the fancy pants stores) = abt 10 miles north of Mall B

So during the opening week I get this women walk up to the counter and tell me she needs to return a purse that she bought from our location. This company is one of those that have a sticker that tells you when the item was purchased when you scan it. So I scan it and she bought it a few months before this location opened, it wasn't from our store. I ignore the fact that she couldn't have possibly bought it from my location and refuse the return on the grounds that it was past the policy of 30 days. So she asks for a manager, which I called and it was years ago, but I remember the entire exchange.

AM= Awesome Manager
    EW= Well...you know

AM takes a loot at everything, and addresses the EW: I can't take this back
    EW: Why not?
    AM: Well, for one, it is past 30 days, and it's on clearance. We also don't carry this brand at this store. If it wasn't on clearance maybe, but-
    EW takes up it a notch on the EW scale and takes out her store credit card, taps the glass on the counter: See this? This means I get what I want. I want you to return this now.
    AM looks her in the eye: The only store that carries this brand is Mall C, you'll have to go that store to see if they could make an exception.

EW storms off in a huff. It was so full of win.
    The angels have the phone box.

I'd have paid to see the EW's face if she'd been called-out on the fact that your store wasn't even open when she bought her purse!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Heh, funny if you took the card out of her hand to specifically look for text that read, "This card entitles the bearer to get whatever they want" and hold her up.

Comment

See this? This means I get what I want.
        Only up to her credit limit.

You could also read off the cardholder agreement word-for-word and then say, "Nope, nothing in there that states you 'get what you want'."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth starsinthesky View Post
          Like the time I walked by a blocked off restroom and the contractor's radio was playing The Stones...

You Can't Always Get What You Want
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth starsinthesky View Post
            If I were the manager:

(pointing at my MANAGER name tag)
            "See THIS? It means NO."

Comment

Working...
            X